Thread: Phoneline/router/filters are not working properly

Phoneline/router/filters are not working properly

I am having some problem with the Router. Actually that is not syncing with the proper speeds. If I use the phone then I get the sound of router in the background in anticipation that I unplug it. After unplugging that, I get the clear sound from it. It also drops the connection frequently. I am not able to understand that whether this is the Phoneline or router or filters that is the reason for this. Please help me to get this problem resolved.

Re: Phoneline/router/filters are not working properly

You are getting those sounds because of the upstream noise issues. This is because the filter will cause some issue with some of the digital cable boxes for the reason that they are using the upstream band for communicating back to headend. Normally you will not get those sounds if they fail to communicate back. This is one of the possible reasons for this. I hope this will help you to know the reason for this.

You can try by changing the junction box and new cat5e cable with NTE5 which is around 2-3metres. See if that solves the problem that you are facing, If that fails to help you then you can also install the ADSL faceplate that you will get where the phone and the router are connected. So do these things and see if that can help you to solve the problem or not. Please reply back with the results of that.

This seems that the problem is with the microfilters that you are using. If you want to check that then you will have to just try with so other microfilters and see if you are again getting the ADSL signal. You will not get the ADSL signal again after changing the microfilters if this is due to fault in the microfilters. So try this and see if this helps you or not.

If you are dropping the connection randomly then this is the problem with the connection. So check for all the connection and make sure that it is proper. Other than this, you should also contact to the internet provider and ask them about this. If the problem is from their side then they will tell you the reason for this and also the solution for this. This is the best way that I can recommend you and wish that it will help you.

The drivers that are been installed for the routers or the modem is not been fitting. You should look at for the drivers that is been instituted. Uninstall the drivers then after that reinstall with the late pack of drivers to the same. This might as well then bail you out. There is plausibility that the drivers would not be able to be reacting well to the needed part or the things you feel the need to put to activity.