Thread: Is It possible that the infection can be remove after changing the restore point?

Is It possible that the infection can be remove after changing the restore point?

Hi I have a PC at my place which is infected through too many viruses in fact I don’t know where they come from, but doesn’t matter, isn’t it, because the thing is like my machine is infected, so I have tried to remove them through the antivirus as well, but still no luck, the PC was infected still, so one of my friend was saying that after restoring the machine to any previous stat the viruses can be removed, is it possible? Any suggestion?

Re: Is It possible that the infection can be remove after changing the restore point?

I am also not sure about that, as I have restored my machine several times but after that I can get to that stat where I was previous but don’t know exactly about the virus, and when I do this, all the current programs and the files is been removed from the machine, so it might be possible that if you restore the machine all viruses also will be removed from the machine. according to me you should do it for at least once.

Re: Is It possible that the infection can be remove after changing the restore point?

Yeah if you restore to any previous date you can remove the infection from the machine, but let me tell you that if you have the files or the folders which is actually infected, so if you click on them the machine would be again infected through them, so If suppose after doing that you find those files again, you can have option to delete them, but before that you should not click on that files or else it would be same, and no other changes would be applied.

I am agree with the above user, but make sure that you save the current files and if possible you should make backup of those files, but before that let me tell you that you should at least try to remove those files through the antivirus software, and as you have mentioned that you have tried it already but still I would say you should scan through another software, and make sure that you have a update of those software, otherwise also it would be waste.

According to me you should try to use the AVG before restoring it, I have the same software and my machine never gets infected through any virus, and as the above user mentioned you should always have the latest update for whichever software you use, if you don’t have any the software would be unable to detect the virus from the machine. you need to update the database of the antivirus software, but as download the AVG it would be updated for sure, but after some time you have to perform this again.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys and as per your recommendation have tried to get the new software also but still I am having the same problem as my PC Is not working the way it was working, so I think the option left to resolve it is to either restore it to previous date or clean installation of the windows in the machine, so what shall I do now according to you? Any more recommendation?

Yeah this is the best decision I would say because there is no guarantee that even after restoring the computer to its previous stat will remove the virus, and as you have motioned that there are too many viruses, so the best option would be to install the new operating system in your PC, and after that you should install the antivirus software with the latest update, and some of the precaution can easily save you from affecting it again, such as while attaching any other source to the machine you should always perform a scan before that, then don’t visit any such malicious websites.