Thread: Want to know about file type’s support for UPNP Media Server (RT-N56U Router)

Want to know about file type’s support for UPNP Media Server (RT-N56U Router)

I bought the router RT-N56U few days ago and so far I am very happy with it, but I have a question about the supported file types with the built in UPnP media server. I am using this media server to stream all my media backup of the PS3, and it works perfectly with VOB, AVI, M2TS files but unfortunately does not seem to work. I wonder if there is a setting or configuration file that can be edited to allow support for this file type. Or was it a case of hope that a potential firmware update repairs this problem? I'm trying to avoid the possibility of having to remux all my M2TS to VOB files, if poss.

Re: Want to know about file type’s support for UPNP Media Server (RT-N56U Router)

I've even had the same problem a month ago and I finally found a solution for it. This could be the subject of PS3 if M2TS files can be transferred to Windows Vista / 7 PC. Maybe you can try renaming the file extension M2TS to ts/tp/mpeg2/vob. I did the same and solved the problem so I suggest you try it. Any of these extensions will work. At least try this and hope this does not solve the problem.

Re: Want to know about file type’s support for UPNP Media Server (RT-N56U Router)

I appreciate for your reply; I will give it a try and let you know if it works. I do not think it's a PS3 setback, since I forever been capable to play M2TS files from my laptop using TVersity Media Server and PS3. It seems only a problem with the web of media routers because all the M2TS files appear on the PS3 as "unconfirmed data", while if a file that the PS3 unable to play then it may show as "corrupted data" after attempting to play.
    I do have one more trouble now though, all of the videos in one of the subfolders will begin playing on the ps3 but cut out after a few minutes with no error message. I don't know if this is due to the number of folder levels. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a solution? I'll try reducing the number of sub folders to see if that makes a distinction and will feedback if it does.

I set the current RT-N56U. Everything works fine except the media server. I used a 4 GB USB flash drive and it worked fine, but when I connect my drive to 1.5 TB of not working. Windows media player says he does not respond. My PS3 gives errors DLNA 501 and 2101. The light flashes 1.5TB units indicating that something is accessing the drive? It is taking too long to read all my files or something? 6 hours and editing, in fact, the video playback on USB disk of 4 GB is very nervous.

So I have much knowledge about this, but you can try using the 1.0.0.9 firmware on the router is a 1.5 TB hard drive StoryStation Samsung. 2 partitions. First partition is 1.26TB. After trying multiple times to get it working and failed i removed 0.26TB from the partition leaving me with 1TB full and 0.26 of free space. This solution told my friend when I told him about the problem you are having today. We recommend using this firmware it will definitely work. So I have no idea how it works, but surely you can find.