Thread: A client stopped updating virus definition from SEP manager

A client stopped updating virus definition from SEP manager

I have a small house network based on a server running Windows 2008 Server V11 Administration in SEP with several managed clients. On October 2 about only one of the client failed to update the virus definitions from the server in SEP that the client is running Windows Vista Professional Service Pack 2. It worked before. The firewall has been down on both the client and server. I've tried uninstalling and created a new export customer manager. I had the opportunity to drive the user to this job, and there was no problem. However, there is still no virus update. I do not know what has changed because of this. I installed beta IE9, maybe around then. Suggestions appreciated.

Re: A client stopped updating virus definition from SEP manager

Well I don’t know much idea about this but I think there are many problems associated with Internet Explorer 9 beta version and SEP. In the particular system which you are using having IE9 beta installed in it and SEP will not get updated. So for this you can remove i.e. uninstall Internet Explorer 9 beta and try using some other browsers and the client will definitely be updated. I hope this helps you.

To repair the SEP customer, as suggested, try to run the Deployment Wizard SEPM server, however, when you reach the remote client authentication and enter the domain administrator password and then log off the client and restart the whole computer. There is no firewall. No other customer is logged into the domain as an administrator. Implementation of this client work professionally with the same port configuration.

I think so that there might be several reasons for PTP not to update. Could you please check by going into C: drive, then go into Documents and settings, select all users, choose application data, select Symantec and finally SyKnApps folder? It must contain three folders such as Freezer or LiveUpdate and two .dll files i.e. SyKnApps.dll before the content updates are received. Are they there?

You first take backup of IE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. After taking the backup restore SEP by selecting it from control panel and going into add/remove programs. Also check for the updates available. If the updates fail to avail then on the client facilitate LiveUpdates, launch it and finally try updating it with internet PTP. I am not sure about this since I have not tried this but you can try and hopefully it works.