Thread: Tricks for the wireless network security?

Tricks for the wireless network security?

Hello everyone I need a small help from your side the thing I need to know from you all is that I want to know is that are there any tricks with the help of which I can secure my wireless network, so that’s what I want to ask here. I know you all are pretty good in managing about the security of the network and hence i want to ask these question with you all only? So please do give me some tips and suggestions by which you all can help me in such situation. I hope you all are listening to me.

Re: Tricks for the wireless network security?

Well I would definitely like to help you in such situation, one thing that you can definitely give it a try is that set your router is such a way that it will not broadcast the SSID and hence anyone which is near to your network cannot see your network and hence in that way you will be securing your network safely, so that’s one method for you. It will allow your network to be protected from the outside intruders so that’s a perfect solution that I can give in this point of time.

Hey guys even I would like to add something here and the answer is that try plugging your wireless router in to a non-wireless router. So what that will do is give you some additional security you must be wondering how the way is that if somebody decides to get pass through the security of the wireless router he will not be able to get pass through the security of the wired router. It will not be possible to break the security with the wired router. So that’s what I have to say here I hope you all liked the suggestions.

Well you cannot really afford to see the SSID in the network the best measures in such situation is to just not view the ssid broadcast, the reason I am saying that is because with the SSID broadcast turned off. the desktop nearby will issue beacons on a regular basis and there is a possibility that the wireless router will respond to the query with the SSID broadcast. So it is better to not view the SSID broadcast. So I hope you have got the necessary suggestions that I have specified here.

Thanks for the suggestions guys I am really happy with the response that I have got here and I will try and follow your tricks that you have given here. Lets hope that it will work for me, you guys are a true genius and I am really impressed with the solutions that I have got here. I mus appreciate your efforts for the same such that you gave some useful solutions for the topic and helped me out.