Thread: Portable version of MSE

Portable version of MSE

Well I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. currently I have installed Microsoft Security Essential on the computer of mine. I really love this particular security program on the computer. I am having a particular query and which I want to discuss with you all. I want to know whether I can install MSE on the SUB drive and run the virus scan from the USB drive. let me know if you are having any idea regarding this particular thing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Portable version of MSE

Yes I am really happy with this particular security software Microsoft Security Essential. I have done lost of research work on this particular matter and also I have searched on the other forums to get the some suggestion. I have concluded that the thing which you are looking to do is not supported and you are not able to install the MSE on the USB drive and cannot run the virus scan on the computer. l am hoping that it will help you to understand the situation batter.

I want to discuss some really some really important thing which you can use to understand the situation more efficiently. Well the main reason why it is not being supported is design. Well the program like MSE and malware removal tools which are seems to be portable are totally different. Why because the purpose is entirely different. Well the MSE is specifically designed to install on the computer and which is used to do services and it needs a reboot to become completely operational.

Well the portable programs are not containing the services which is being used by the MSE. They are especially designed on the fly basis which makes the thing quite less heavy in terms of overhead. However it is having ability to integrate with the operating system in order to monitor the malware. Personally I recommend that you should go for Online Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner for this particular purpose.

I let you know that the Microsoft is offering portable version of MSE to the corporate customers. However the portable version of MSE is running on the Windows PE only. Well it is considered as Standalone System Sweeper and it is an essential part of the Microsoft Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset which is provided along with Windows 7 Enterprise. You will not get real time protection if you installed the same on the computer. However you need to install service to get the same.

Well we know that the portable version of the MSE is available for the corporate customer also it need Windows PE to run on the same. Rather looking to get portable version of MSE I am suggesting that you should MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. You can get the same on the official website of the Microsoft. You should download and install on the computer of yours. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.