Thread: Very low Download speed on new desktop

Very low Download speed on new desktop

I just got a new desktop equipment comes with a wireless-n mini card from Dell (DW1501 half Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card). As I said my Comcast announces rate 2.12. Currently I have two laptops with me here and I do speed tests with two laptops and get all the 20/2.5 (probably from impulse) with both. Also try the download speed in the laptop and I get 1.5 Mb / s each (exactly Assertiveness 12 mb / s). However, as before, the BEST speed test on my new desk is 4/2.5 and the average is more or less close to 3/2.5. Sustained speeds on your desktop to download the same file on the laptop are around 300 Kb/s. You can see on the desktop and laptop is similar. However, downloads to be very successful on the desktop. What could be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Very low Download speed on new desktop

1. First, ignore any "tweak" programs. Nothing changed in Vista and Win7. Both the operating system is automatic and no adjustments available.
    2. With the old desktop, made the knowledge of the similar low speed?
    3. The 2 laptops are running what OS? Do you have an "N" wireless card?
    4. Is the MTU on the modem / router locating in 1500? Is it place to "N" or something else?
    5. Can you connect straight to the modem / router and examination your speed?
    6. On the desktop, is the network card or 100/full Auto?

1. I did not have any old desktop; the 2 laptops that I talked about
    2. Both laptops are have Windows Vista. First has a wireless N card; the next has a card G. But BOTH 20/2.5 get speed tests (increase) and can be downloaded in a sustained 1.5 MB / s. Compare this with the evidence of my desk 4/2.5 speed and 300 KB / s sustained download speeds, also tells of how to load the desktop is not affected, but download is seriously affected!
    3. I have no thought concerning the MTU; I say it in the router? This is a N150 Netgear (precise model: WNR1000v2)
    4. In fact, it is not possible (sounds weird, but yes)
    5. Where I can prove this?

1. When you say that you have a new desktop, I read that as there was another older.
    2. When you are in a mixed mode, the router will drop to the slowest mode in a mixed wireless mode. Thus, the router is working on the "G" speeds, not speeds "N".
    3. Here is the manual of your router
    4. Tell you how to configure the router.
    5. What modem are you using?
    6. I'm trying to narrow things down by having to connect the steering box to the modem without the router.

I thought a dual-mode router to only allow different clients with different standards (G / N) are connected to it, and the client will speed G, and the client will speed N. N I am not knowledgeable on this, so that's just the thought AMS. So they are saying when in dual mode, everything connects to it at lower speeds? Anyway it should not be a trouble? From my notebook G is to the same speed as my laptop N. So if my desktop N? I get the information from the modem when you get home. It's just the base, provided by Comcast. Anyway this weekend I will run a cord Cat5e 150 feet from the router to the back of the house, I will not be connected to a WRT54GL I have out there and do act as an access point, and from there I wire my desktop to the WRT54GL and a Bluray player.

Is the information desk of a burly wireless signal? If the laptop is session alongside with the desktop is at a standstill improving speed tests? Is there metal around your desk? Metal desk? I also like to run the latency tests. Home> cmd> ping-t 4.2.2.1 consistent # s waiting (for me always is 2 ms to 18ms, but his journey is different I'm sure). I saw the ping test I published the third jump was varied from 18ms to 172ms. You can also try to ping the router (192.168.0.1 or whatever it is likely that your IP address is changing the last digit of 1). How many other wireless networks are a good sign near your PC?