Thread: Windows live 2011 and windows 7 firewall are not compatible

Windows live 2011 and windows 7 firewall are not compatible

I just updated from windows live to windows live 2011 and I started facing problems after updating. The problem was that my live messenger as well as the live mail stopped working and hence I was unable to make them run again. So that’s what the problem. Even I checked the firewall log and there I could find the DROP for packets, packets are not normally going to the server. All this problem started after I started with the updating of the windows live 2011. So tell me what should I do in this situation? Any replies anyone?

Re: Windows live 2011 and windows 7 firewall are not compatible

Well In this situation you can do nothing except you can try with the uninstallation of the windows live 2011 and from there go back and install the windows live 2009 version. I am still using the same version and believe me there is no problem with that version. That is the best version that I have used. Also do make it a point to hid the 2009 version from any windows update. So I hope you have understood whatever things I have explained here, so do implement it accordingly.

Yes I did try the same thing that you have suggested here and let me tell you that while opening the windows live 2009 it is giving me a message saying that A newer version is available. You must install the newer version in order to continue. So either I have to press yes or no. so if I press no then it would allow me to continue with the windows mail but it does not allow me to sign in the windows messenger. So I do not want that thing to happen here. So suggest me some steps with which I would be able to work on the messenger as well as the windows mail.

I think you must do some changes in the inbound settings of the firewall and I think that will do the trick. So for that you will have to make some changes to the firewall settings only. Allow all the log files to pass through the firewall such that it will not repeat the same thing again. So as of now you must try with that and I am sure that it will be able to give you some solutions out of it. so do try that and let me know if it works or not.

How come is it asking you the question for the further update? I had asked you above to hid the 2009 version from all the updates and I am sure that it will give you the access to the messenger, in my case it is giving. Even I had opted out of the windows live 2011 and then shifted my attention towards the windows live 09, I disabled all the updates and hence I am able to successfully use it here, so do try that and let me know if it works or not.