Thread: Need to remove Malware downloaded from URL

Need to remove Malware downloaded from URL

I was searching on Google for a specific image as I was looking out for something and then I clicked on a image and it brought me to a URL which I believe did something to infect my computer. To my knowledge I didn’t download anything .To be on a safer side I started running Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 with no viruses/malware found, I thought it was ok. But then when I rebooted my PC today my Kaspersky is acting up. Also the K icon in my system tray is gray instead of red. I have tried doing an update on Kaspersky but it stopped at 3% and does not proceed further. Now whenever I try use Kaspersky it gives me an error message and doesn’t proceed further. The next time I started with Kaspersky it gave me a message- 'Uploading collected memory file dumps and traces’. Later on the K icon in the system tray turned back to normal. But still I fear that there’s been some damage done. Can you please help me remove this malware/potential virus and get Kaspersky working properly so that I will not face any more problems?

Re: Need to remove Malware downloaded from URL

I went through your problem and I feel that there might be a virus or some malware that has entered into your PC through that URL. The problem you are facing will be due to the use of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009.The database of the particular antivirus is outdated and hence you need to get updated with it. So you first need to visit the Kaspersky website and then look out for the latest version of Kaspersky antivirus. Once you find it then download using the same procedure as followed previously. This will surely help you to get rid of the malware or antivirus that is present in your PC.

The problem of K icon turning grey instead of red and then again turning into red is due to the virus that has entered your PC through virus. Also your Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 is not working properly due to that reason. So for that I would suggest you to uninstall your antivirus. Once you uninstall it then I would suggest you to do a clean installation of Kaspersky antivirus. This will help you to remove the virus that has entered your PC as well as your Kaspersky will start working properly.

I appreciate for the response you gave to the queries I was facing. I started following the steps you had suggested to get rid of virus. So I started to uninstall the Kaspersky antivirus and I succeeded in it. But when I started with the clean installation process I got stuck. Well i am not able to move ahead with the process. So I would be thankful if you can help me out to finish with the installation process. please do send me your responses as early as possible.