Thread: Error Code 80000100 while updating Kaspersky

Error Code 80000100 while updating Kaspersky

Recently I have installed Kaspersky antivirus 2011 in my PC to get rid of any kind of viruses and malwares present in my system to keep my PC clean. But whenever I try to update my antivirus database I frequently get an error. The error message which gets notified is ERROR 80000100.This has been a problem from past many days and I fear if some viruses and malwares may hamper my PC. So why is it happening? Can anyone help me out with a solution for it? I am waiting for your responses.

Re: Error Code 80000100 while updating Kaspersky

The Kaspersky antivirus which you are using might be an outdated version. So this can be the reason why you can’t update your antivirus database and you frequently face with the error message. So to begin with you need to check whether it an outdated version or not by visiting Kaspersky antivirus website. If it is then you have to look out for the latest version of Kaspersky antivirus. Once you find it then download using the same procedure as followed previously. Then you can start updating the antivirus without facing such problems.

I had a look at your problem which you are facing. I have been looking for various solutions on internet for it. The problem you are facing might be due to the incomplete updates which took place while you previously tried to update it. The database must not have updated completely. So you need to check out whether the previous update was complete or not. You can check it out by looking at the update center. If it is not showing 100% then your update is incomplete. You need to complete with that update first and then you can go for the further updates. This can be a solution to your problem.

The problem you are facing could be because you might be using an outdated version or due to the incomplete previous updates as mentioned above. If you are still facing with the error then I would suggest you with the following solution. First uninstall Kaspersky antivirus on your PC .Once you finished with the uninstall process then reinstall it. This will help you to start again with the Kaspersky antivirus and get rid of the antivirus and malwares from your PC. Also you can further update the antivirus without facing any problem and you can keep your PC clean.