Thread: The update file does not exist in AVG 2011

The update file does not exist in AVG 2011

After updating the software to version 2011 I have seen that it does not update. And while updating it is showing me message that Error message: The update control file does not exist”. I have windows xp operating system with service pack 3. And when I try Manual update then it works, but in the long run annoying and become useless! Please answer how to solve this problem.

Re: The update file does not exist in AVG 2011

So, somehow I am somewhat relieved ... I thought I was the only one who does it that way. I've tried today. Only the update from 9 to 2011, then it prompts me a message "The update control file does not exist". Then I have uninstalled the software. Then reboot and install the 2011 version! Funny, this error does not seem just to be rare. In other forums I think this description of an error. I am surprised that AVG has not provided any answer ... A question would be there: "Manual update works? I would definitely want to update the software. But I do not know how manual update goes.

In the same if you have to fix the solution then just go for the steps which is I have explained over here.

- Open the AVG User Interface
    - Select "Advanced Settings" from the "Tools" menu.
    - Now select the "Update".
    - Select the option "Manage" and click "Delete temporary update files" button.
    - Try to update again

You can go for the solution which is given above and if you failed to get solution then you just go for the same. So for that the solution is:
    • The new AVG 2011 License Number get - (either you have the new AVG gets or register try again with another email address)
    • AVG completely de-install
    • New AVG Free 2011 installed with new license number (9SBFREE)

I can confirm that this approach works. Thanks for the tip! Since AVG in the new version would simply have the old license numbers "lock out", since everything would have been clear. too bad. Perhaps now, at least someone else writes AVG about whether there is any chance the old license key to "convert"? So this is what I know about it and I hope that it will help you.