Thread: How likely a server is hacked

How likely a server is hacked

I have a website for my class with a few hiking images on a separate server running, with a dns domain. I also have ftp access. Otherwise there is nothing further. I have win xp on it, kf web server and caesar ftp. (No firewall, no antivirus software, since I've found nothing what the http and ftp ports opens again?) From friends who know very well with servers I have something else for virus horror scenarios, and he told me that what could be happen to it if I will be on holiday for some time. Now my question: how likely is it that anyone has any hack-try makes any illegal mist stores and I get worse with authorities? I'm the so presented that if the pc is my own because the can punish anything. Is that so?

Re: How likely a server is hacked

If your spam box sling, and then you can be prosecuted. Servers are rightly a matter for experts and not easy. My opinion: according to improve the skills. If I remember the logs of my old home server, then there has been attempts by states far away from here break properly, and that without thoughtful or interesting content An attack is unlikely so do not even have. So this is what I know about the same I hope this will help you.

I had run for one year a server with TLS, FTP and HTTP. Firewall and anti virus on it, Fritzbox with firewall as a router. I had no problems, but only the necessary ports (80 and TS 21 + ports) Released. I had no problems, but that was probably luck are 100% security is not, unfortunately. So this is what I experience at my time. If anybody has better solution than this then please help us over here. We will be thankful for the same.

Without a firewall and virus software on a Windows machine is the chances of 100% get infection. Most likely there is a chance of that he get already infected. Precisely because it is your own PC, you can be prosecuted. While it is your thing, but I would advise you, you get free web space somewhere in and set your pictures there. Then you have no trouble and problems with server technology and other associated problems, of which you obviously do not know. Actually, any firewall ports have the opportunity to make open and shut. If all ports were to be, then yes, a firewall would not make sense because then you go offline immediately could.

The question is to myself also. I do it's only for fun as a web server. There are aiming in the week maybe 4 people on the server from the family. Mainly I'm in the network as a file and print server. So I just wonder if there so much can happen. Incidentally, have now enabled the firewall and avira on it made. At the fritzbox is only the http port open. Therefore, it makes me wonder, yes, because that can really happen that much.