Thread: Trojan.Generic.3914100 found in MBR

Trojan.Generic.3914100 found in MBR

I have been having some trouble with what Bitdefender calls Trojan.Generic.3914100 situated in C:\=>Master Boot Record=>(Embedded EXE g)=>(Embedded EXE g). My initial reaction was booting into Windows Recovery and by means of bootrec.exe to repairthe MBR, however Bitdefender still notices the Trojan . There's also somewhat interesting I found out lately. I have a couple of hard drives; the system drive C and a storage drive D. I lately removed the hard drives for a small case cleaning, but I get it wronged on the reinstall and assorted up the SATA cables. The D drive ended up being the original in the succession followed by C. The system still booted off of C, but the trojan was noticeed on the D drive instead. No longer any recognition on the C drive, but it moved to the D drive since it was the first in the succession. I resolved the wires and the trojan was back on C and no longer on D. I am a little mislaid on this one.

Re: Trojan.Generic.3914100 found in MBR

Still no stake on any type of repairs. Am I going to include to low level format this drive? I believe this infection impacts only the booting partition C or D whatsoever. Still dedicated to solving this, but I have been not here for a while. The infected drive has a portion of data anywhere in the first 30KB of the drive, before the beginning of the first partition. it seems that somewhat is rewriting the data again, after it's cleaned.

This is a Trojan recognition. Different from viruses, Trojans do not self-replicate. They are exteneded by hand, often under the basis that they are helpful or wanted. The most general installation techniques include system or security utilization, and unsuspicious users manually executing unidentified programs. Distribution channels comprise of e-mail, nasty or hacked Web pages, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), peer-to-peer networks, etc.

The Other:W32/Generic recognition is activated if the suspect file seems to be doubtful, is potentially unwanted, or might be planned in a way or has features that look like known malware. This might point to the existence of a malware infection, or that the suspect file is nasty. If talked about the About Generic Detections Generic Detections are a kind of sophisticated detection used by antivirus applicatios to recognize files with malicious features. Unlike more traditional recognitions (also recognized as signatures or single-file recognitions) a Generic recognition does not spot a exclusive or individual malicious program. In its place, a Generic recognition appears for largely applicable code or behavior features that point to a file as potentially nasty, so that a single Generic recognition can competently recognize dozens, or even hundreds of malware.

Trojan:W32/Generic is a Generic Detection that recognizes files with trojan-like features or actions. Let me tell everyone , So I lastly got BitDefender installed in both of my systems and the whole lot appears doing well except for the File Vault. I created/activated the file vault attribute on both of my laptops and got the similar consequence. I tried testing it at once after it was created (locking and unlocking)...I found…