Thread: Trojan.Gen: Repair failed

Trojan.Gen: Repair failed

I performed a scan on my Macbook pro a few weeks before and not anything was establish. I did one more scan these days and a Trojan.Gen was established in my system library. I attempted to fix the file but the repair failed. I observed in a same thread on many other forums which I would require to download the most recent antivirus definitions, which I performed. However, I executed one more scan later than downloading the most recent definitions, and still the repair failed. I as well checked my Airport DNS in system preferences- Advanced, and there is just 1 IP number, but it is grey and not black and a place IP check shows this IP is situated in some other state and country. Please could somebody assist?

Re: Trojan.Gen: Repair failed

Can you test out in the activity log to observe what the path to the Trojan is? I am inquisitive if it is in Java cache. You should be able to be able to physically remove the file; sorry that NAV is not doing this, but thanks for annoying the most recent defs. I don't think these Trojans in fact do anything below Mac OS X, so I suspect the strange IP address is unconnected.

Would it be probable for you to provide me bit by bit instructions on how to discover the activity log on my macbook pro, and remove the Trojan manually, please? I have just established the action monitor in Utilities. Is that what you meant? There appears to be many activity logged, though, and there are no dates attached to the extent that I can see. Please could you state what accurately I should be looking for?

In the Norton Antivirus, you can use the Activity Log by simply snapping on the blue View current activities link in the major window Status and Scanning tab. The path to the Trojan should be below the "Details" column. There are a few ways to remove the file. If you can find the way to the folder in Finder, you can remove it there; you may require your administrator password. If not, run /Applications/Utilities/Terminal, and enter: sudo rm -f <path>, Where <path> is the path shown in current Activities. You will require your administrator password here as well.

I also have the same issue and as you say, I have changed the user to myself and copied the pathway information in the activity log. /Users/"myself"/Library/Caches/Java/cache/6.0. The 2 Items are pathways to the similar Trojan, later than scanning my system two times. The additional information is the same, thus I have just written them one time, to observe if you can recognize it, and in case details on how to remove it change from what you have talked about. I have currently establish the folder where this file is located but there are two files in this folder, and both have the same numbers apart from that one has .idx at the end of its number.