Thread: Interpreting Windows Defender history

Interpreting Windows Defender history

Well I was just checking some of the settings in the windows defender antivirus and I just went towards the history section. In the history section I found out that there were many entries of the files with no danger level mentioned. It was just specified that ‘This program has potentially unwanted behavior’ and I was also advised ‘Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher’ and there was no option button to deny that program. I felt that was the worst part. So I wanted to ask when I want to completely block them how can I do that. How can I be sure of the security of the system, when there is no option to block it? Any thoughts on this.

Re: Interpreting Windows Defender history

Well looking at the issue, I can say that when you are logging into the history they are the set of blocked files and the applications. That don’t allow the particular files and the application to interact with the system. So I think, that are the list of the already blocked files. So when you log into that particular history folder it is just asking you if you want to actually allow the blocked file or the program to interact with the system. If you want it then you can click on the permit. So I don’t think there is any need of such deny button in the folder.

If you think that such blocked files are so potentially danger to the system then my advice would be to delete all the files and the applications that are there in the history or the quarantine of the particular antivirus software. So my advice would be to totally remove them. This would be the best option if you ask me. Why to keep such files in the system when it already comes under the blocked section and causing unnecessary danger. So go ahead with this solution it will help you.

If you ask me I would definitely advice you to change the security settings. The security settings have to be changed in order to set the permission level of the web access. So In this way you will be getting the option to block some of the unwanted sites or the files that are potentially harmful for your system. So changing the security settings will definitely help you. The security settings can be changed to the default by going to the tools option in the browser and selecting the internet options. Hope this information will help you.

OK thanks for the solution everyone. I am thinking to remove the files in the list or in the quarantine. After hearing from you all even i think that particular files are much potentially danger to the system and may cause some un necessary effect to my system. So i am just removing the files from the quarantine. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. It was a great work from your side.