Thread: Windows installer restart loop through 3connect internet dongle

Windows installer restart loop through 3connect internet dongle

I am having an internet dongle by 3connect with windows 7. But it keeps on crashing my computer thus I uninstalled that when I was looking for the solution. I exposed that it was a conflict among flash 10 and obtained a patch for solving the difficulty. though when I attempted to reinstall I found an error message which says that the application have a awaiting reboot please reboot as well as start again the application. I have done this for about 20 times up to now, I have looked for all the way through my computer for files to delete drivers to uninstall registry keys to change otherwise remove. I have also tried to reinstall windows installer but I was not able to do that. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Windows installer restart loop through 3connect internet dongle

I think that you need to restore your system to some previous date when it was running fine. System restore is nothing but a utility that is there in the system tools. Open this utility and select the date where you want to restore it. This will set all the setting as it was there on that day. This will take some time to complete the task. After completing that task it will reboot the system and then only the changes will take effect.

The driver which is installed in your computer may be not working properly and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like that. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the dongle driver from your computer and install that again. This may resolve the problem for you. If that is not helping then it is possible that you are using the older version of the driver. Search for the latest version of it and install it after downloading. Latest driver can solve the problem.

You can make use of the System File checker and this will check for damaged or replaced files for system. After that it will ask you to restore any files which do not counterpart the original Windows files. Just follow the steps below to run the System File Checker.
    1. Click on start and select All Programs. Go to Accessories and select System Tools. Click on System Information and then select System File Checker from Tools menu.
    2. Now you have to select one of the options below:
      Scan For Altered Files
      Extract One File From Installation Disk

Click on Settings and select the configuration that you would like to make use in System File Checker Settings. Click on OK and then click on Start.

You can try to use Windows Installer Cleanup utility and check if it records the program as well as fully take away it so you be able to reinstall. As you told that you are using the Windows 7 then you have to go through the steps below and this can help you.
    1. First of all, click on start and in the search box, you have to type programs and features and press enter.
    2. Click on the program that you wish to uninstall from the list of programs and select Uninstall/Change from the available task bar.

There may be some virus in your computer and that is causing the issues like this. Do you have installed any antivirus in your system? If you don’t have any installed then you should install any good antivirus and make sure that it is having the updated database for virus definition. Scan the entire system and clean the entire infected file. If you found that the antivirus is not able to clean the file then you can delete that also but ensure that it is not the system file.