Thread: Win32 Spy.Swisyn.DS Trojan causing problem to my SNMP monitor

Win32 Spy.Swisyn.DS Trojan causing problem to my SNMP monitor

I am facing this problem from a quite while and its causing a lot of problem with my office work, specially. Well the problem is with the particular Trojan Win32/Spy.Swisyn.DS Trojan. What this has done is that it has infected the .dll file of a snmp monitor in our office, we use that snmp monitor to watch our local test server of the office. I have tried scanning with all the possible antivirus but that really did not help me. So i was asking that whether you can get back to me with any possible solution. That will help me tackle such issue.

Re: Win32 Spy.Swisyn.DS Trojan causing problem to my SNMP monitor

What i can say about such types of virus is that always ensure that the system is under full protection. Always keep the firewall on and also keep the antivirus scanner on, every time you are working on the system. So that these type of virus entries are restricted at the entry level only. However if you are not getting the desired results by the scanning of the anti virus then do a reinstall of the PRTG network monitor and hopefully you will be able to work again. Just try out and let me know if it works.

If you ask me then i would advice you to go for a complete registry check up go to the command prompt and check the registry of your systems. If there is any possible registry found with the spyware entry then you can directly delete the particular spyware-related registry. So just check out for the following entries and look for that spyware entries. The locations are as follows
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft \Windows\ CurrentVersion
    Explorer/ShellFolders Startup="C:\windows/start menu/programs\startup
    Upon doing that i would also advice you to clean up all the temporary folders in your system. They can also be a source of such type of problems. So do try and let me know if it works.

I would advice you to run the SpyDig scanner in your system. This particular spyware scanner will be available in the internet. What you have to do is to install and run in the system. This particular spyware scanner is known for the removal of Trojan Win32/Spy.Swisyn.DS spyware's. So what you can do is that try removing it with the scan. In case if you are not getting to remove it from the scan then trying doing it in the safe mode it will definitely work. Try with this method and let me know if it works.

If you are not getting it to remove from the various methods that are suggested above. Then the last option that i can tell you is that send a copy of the analysis function to any of the antivirus websites and have a talk to them about your issues. They will definitely analyze the particular problem and will come up with a solution, that will definitely help you. However do note that this is the last solution and you must try this only when you are tried with the above solutions.