Thread: Specifications of Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Router-100PES

Specifications of Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Router-100PES

I am getting a router of Netgear WNDR3700 from my uncle. And I am not having any ideas about this router. So that to ask for some help from you members. I want to know the specifications of Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Router-100PES. Also want to know the experience from those members those have used it. I am expecting that you members will provide some solutions as soon as possible. More detailed information related to the topic would be much appreciable.

Re: Specifications of Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Router-100PES

After I spent many years using Linksys, I turned to the WRT320N and the WRT610N from this company. Both machines are stuck reproducible. Time when accessing a NDAS which is in the network and was suspended just once overnight. Only plug the device functioned pull back. So I took the risk to buy a still fairly new WNDR3700, worse, it could not be yes. In various forums gabs already exuberant applause to the device so I decided to order again. This was not a mistake anyhow how. In both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks I have transfer rates of up to port to 9.5 MB/s, also of USB! The Linksys WRT610N costs 130 and bringing on the usb port 1.5 Mb/s. Maximum speed with WRT610N were just under 5.5 MB/s at about 3m in adjustable air line. Everything in the 2.4 GHz network tested with 40MHz channel duplication. USB devices can also be made available over the Internet via FTP. Interface language is completely good and firmware updates are automatically searched the Internet and uploaded (can be disabled). Device is not nearly as warm as the Linksys. To access the USB shares can be defined not match any user. Only the router admin and all have access. The DLNA client I have not tested because I do not have the appropriate equipment. The range is also impressive. In 40mhz dual mode in which the operation range is shorter but the throughput is greater than I got from one level to the next still receive full and about 7MB/s speed. Client is a WUSB600N from Linksys. With the WRT610N, it was the same place for about 3.5 MB / s. All in all a worthy successor to my WRT54GL which is stable and usable shortly after the release. In the months to come certainly the first dd-wrt betas. It looks like Netgear has done everything right and released a top router to the reasonable price. Only the interface is a little slow. After confirming settings made the router seems to boot every time new which takes about 1 minute. But ok, if the stability is beneficial. Various setting options for QoS, Port Forwarding Upnp etc. I have not thoroughly tested.

The following are some main specifications that you should aware about :
    • Features - Firewall protection, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), DoS attack prevention, Quality of Service (QoS), Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
    • Dimensions (WxDxH) - 22.3 cm x 15.3 cm x 3.1 cm
    • Weight - 0.5 kg
    • System Requirements - UNIX, Apple MacOS, Linux, Microsoft Windows 2000 / ME / XP/ Vista
    • Device Type - Wireless router - 4-port switch (integrated)
    • Compliant Standards - IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)
    • Data Link Protocol - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)
    • Remote Management Protocol - HTTP
    • Microsoft Certification - Compatible with Windows 7

Netgear WNDR 3700 100PES Gigabit Router is now running for 3 months was perfectly for me. WLAN can be achieved by simply pressing a button on the front page (in addition to LEDs) and off (to avoid radiation). Despite flat mounting on the wall and next DECT receiver (not really recommended) good reception over two floors. Installation and menu navigation very well. Before buying I wanted to know if you can turn off the device when the wireless network. The support was very nice, but could not even answer this basic question (which has turned each of the device even know it immediately), I bought this anyway. The device is great and as long as it goes and you do not need the support, highly recommended.

My goal with the purchase of this router was both to extend my wireless network (range) and increase the speed between the directly connected devices (Gigabit ports). And on the other hand I wanted to use the advertised ReadyDLNA Media Server function (up by connecting Playstation 3) and also over the network to the USB port connected hard drives (2.5") access. The router setup is excellent. The Install menu for "Dummies" is very descriptive and takes a really close at hand. The range of the WLAN's has improved in comparison to their previous Devolo devices. Problems arose, however, on the Media Server feature:
    • Video, photo and music files can only get on the PS3 if they are not sub-folder on the hard disk. Furthermore, does the same problem as with the PS3 via USB connected devices: There is only one audio track available.
    Also, access via PC or laptop to the hard drive does not readily available. Access to mp3 files jerky on Itunes or skip and fast forward somehow lead to the fact that the network goes down, another access is no longer possible, and tears off the internet connection. After a reboot of the router (practical on / off switch ...), the connection is back (support request in progress ...).