Thread: Cant login when the Sygate personal firewall

Cant login when the Sygate personal firewall

I can't able to login online due to my sygate personal firewall is active. this affect to all my live games which I plays with my friends (gears of war & the club - quickly arriving 3 more games. i will make out what occurs with them and post it now ). If i choose the Sygate personal firewall alternative "allow all" (principally i switched the firewall protection), all the remaining games can connect online successfully. I open the ports to connect online as follows :
    • TCP 80
    • UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074
    • UDP 53
    • TCP 53
    As of the advanced regulations of the firewall rule synopsis are as follows:
    This rule will permit mutually incoming as well as outgoing traffic from or to all hosts on TCP distant port(s) 80,3074,53 to/from TCP local port(s) 80,3074,53. This law will be functional to all network interface cards. Is it possible to login successfully keeping the firewall on? So please let me know.

Re: Cant login when the Sygate personal firewall

Yeah I m have similar problem in my computer. If anybody has a solution, please let us know. I'm not actually comfortable to disable my firewall. Since I have no information of ports and such, I'm frightened on experimenting with those is not an alternative for me. I purchased GTA IV, and it must permit everyone in Sygate to use the Multiplayer option of the game. I don’t understand why this causing to fail the login. I opened all the required ports mentioned, but it did not work.

My Sygate firewall advanced rules are as follows:
    • This rule will permit individually incoming as well as outgoing traffic from or to all hosts on UDP distant port(s) 1026-5001 to or from UDP local port(s) 88-88. This rule will be useful to Realtek RTL8178C (P)/8110C(P) PCI-C Gigabit Ethernet NIC. This traffic will be saved in the 'Packet Log'.
    • This rule will permit mutually incoming & outgoing traffic starting or toward all hosts on UDP distant port(s) 3074 to/from UDP home port(s) 3074. This rule will be applied to Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8110C(P) PCI-C Gigabit Ethernet NIC. This traffic will be saved also in the 'Packet Log'.
    So try out this one it may help out to solne. But check your audio driver of which company.

I don’t think so that sygate block executables files as well. Generally if you are playing the game online then Sygate always allow to login. There must some error in your game when you tend to play online. I haven’t utilized a software firewall since sygate launched the useless Norton. I consider that you have to check the rules setup for the correct ports & permit the games executables files to turn on those ports. So check your gaming settings properly. Or try out the advance rule option in your network settings.