Thread: Not able to connect to my server using "ConnectBot"

Not able to connect to my server using "ConnectBot"

I am using Motorola Droid phone which has Android distro in it, I am facing problem when I am try to connect to my server using an application “ConnectBot”. When I am tried to connect I am getting error as
    Code:
    Connecting to myserver.com:20 via ssh
    Verified host 'RSA' key: 6F:32:e5:4f:56:93:b5:76:f6:1b:c4:72:40:5a:b0:7f
    Using algorithm: aes256-ctr hmac-sha1-96
    Trying to confirm
    Attempting 'keyboard-interactive' verification
    Verification method 'keyboard-interactive' failed
    Trying to verify
    Attempting 'password' authentication
    After this it asks for a password even though I have not specified a user. So I want to know how it can be resolved any solution please let me know it would be really appreciated.

Re: Not able to connect to my server using "ConnectBot"

I think first you need to try creating a SSH connection with some other application rather than ConnectBot. I think the server utilize keys instead of username/password, I think you need to check in the SSH server logs there might be some problem because of which you are not able to connect to my server. You can also go through the ConnectBot entry for your server for that you need to just long-press the line for edit and if any weird things appear the it can be that ConnectBot is not able to contact your server. You need to cross check for getting the solution for your problem.

I think you can try specifying the user-name and password and see if your problem is resolved applying that. You can try to use issh connection instead of using normal ssh connection that will check if the ssh server is working or not because the problem can be with ssh sever. Also let me know if you are using 3G or wireless connection for connecting because this issue might be appearing because of type of connection you are using.

I think the problem can be DSN problem which you are using for a data structure used to illustrate a link your server. Because it can rule out your Motorola Droid phone, you can try to use any replacement application for establishing the connection of your phone and server. I think you need to give the server address and user name in hosts dialog, this might resolve your connection issue on droid phone.

l33t I finally got it to work!

Actually, I was having the very same problems up until just now. I use plain password auth and tried two of my servers. Both gave me 'password auth failed' although I _know_ for a fact that I entered the correct password. I read this thread and another similar one (perhaps also written by TS). Some people suggested DNS issues. I tried to enter the IP address of my machine instead. Surprisingly, it worked. However, I then tried wiping all privious 'bookmarks' and started of clean, SSH -> myuser@myhost and clicked connect. Now entered password, and it worked like a charm, i.e. no need to use IP anymore. I'm not certain on what caused this ill behavior, but at least now I can connect right, and that's what counts!