Thread: Problem with new router

Problem with new router

So my router crapped out last night. Today we bought the Belkin N150 router. We installed the software on 3 computers. On 2 computers, the router works fine and we have internet (wireless and ethernet). On the third, we can't get wireless. We can use ethernet on the third computer, but wireless doesn't work. I called customer service; we tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, power cycling router/modem, rebooting computer. Then called customer service for the router. They told us to disable all firewalls/antivirus. After doing this, we tried to ping the IP adress via command prompt, but the request timed out. The customer service told us to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer then told us they couldn't do anything. The laptop where the wireless network that is failing runs Vista; the properly operating computers run Windows 7 and XP, respectively.

Any ideas as to what to do to get wireless operating on this computer? Sorry, the info above is kind of random. If you need more info, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with new router

It can be possible that the Wireless driver from your system is not responding with the Router of yours and that is why you are getting issue with the same. I will advise you to download and install the latest driver for the Wireless adapter of your computer and then check whether it is working with the issue or not. If this is also not working for you then i can only advise you to install the Windows XP or 7 on laptop of yours which is working with the router in other computer and check for the connection. Thats it!!!!!