Thread: Cannot access freenas from green network to blue in Ipcop

Cannot access freenas from green network to blue in Ipcop

I am finding it very difficult to resolve my small problem, and I also would like to say here that I have already checked about this on internet but didn't found anything. So on my green network I have my freenas server which also broadcasts with firefly on port 3689 and files. I can access internal networks perfectly but when I try to access a computer on the blue network I can not see my freenas server or via Rhythmbox or via the network I see nothing! All of my computers are running ubuntu. What should I do to access the freenas server in blue network on the green network? What are the ports do I need to enable? I need it because I have to try several methods and I do not have the server on the blue network.

Re: Cannot access freenas from green network to blue in Ipcop

To answer you, we don't have much information to know, for example, your version of IPCop add-ons installed, the configuration of the add-ons in question, the IP configuration of your IPCop interfaces, and so on. Provide this information if you hope assistance accurately and efficiently. We never wanted anyone to put too much, but often we see posts with not enough info.

I have ipcop version 1.4.20. I did not install a particular mod. The network is set up normal green in 192.168.0, the red in 192.168.1 and blue in 192.168.2. It is fair for the function of firewall down and the proxy is enabled and transparent mode. The PC on the network sees green is fine but to make it visible on the blue network things get complicated. Since basic blue -> green is closed and I try to open it, but even by configuring ips (ip nas server -> ip pc wifi) it does not work or maybe I opened the wrong port. I try to open port 444, 445 and 3696 knowing that I go well with blue network interface web server and ipcop freenas via the green address (192.168.0). So in summary I go well by the web browser interfaces to configure but I see nothing in the network to access files.

When you decide to set up a firewall is that it has sufficient knowledge of networks, protocols,... It should not be so hard to describe its configuration:
    Red:
    Green: Network 192.168.x.0/255.255.255.0, ipcop green 192.168.x.1 provides dns and dhcp
    and so on ...
    Addons installed: .....

It is very clear that Snort is irrelevant when BOT is absolutely necessary: I'm probably pretty ignorant of Ipcop but I do not see what ports can be opened in Green and Blue without BOT! The presence of the proxy is justified with few jobs in Green and Blue. However, please note that you pay special attention with "transparent proxy" because it is so transparent that you do not see what you do.

With little information there is to say:
    - The address looks correct,
    - Understanding of the protocols is low.

FreeNAS access mean? FreeNAS offers so many protocols that it is necessary to understand which is useful. Then we look for the ports used by this protocol and, through BOT, we open these traffic.

I activate the relevant protocols and service are all off except freenas firefly and smb. I will not make a book on the architecture of my network and bot either, I do not like the utility. I installed ipcop for the sole reason that the free wifi network is not controllable enough to my taste, I adapt ipcop to my needs. Despite the 445 ports enabled on the PC's IP and the server I am unable to communicate with. I have no particular problem for ipcop and run freenas, I submit just a misunderstanding in the fact that when I apply the port / protocol I need it to work perfectly on the green network while the network with the same blue.