Thread: Cloud Computing on Linux

Cloud Computing on Linux

The Cloud Computing is the big trend of 2009 and some see it as confirmation that future OS will be improved browsers, turning your computer into a single client. No accident that Google, having funded the development of Firefox, Chrome launched last year and if Apple has decided to produce a PC version of Safari. I want to know that how to made it on Linux. Please help.

Re: Cloud Computing on Linux

A Dedibox under Ubuntu Server (Currently in version 8.04 LTS). As I have a bandwidth of 100 Mbps and it is not exploited in the best possible, I found it interesting to some users to share network P2P. Attention tipiakage not, I stay within the bounds of the law. I intend to participate among other the seed of our favorite distribution, office suite OpenOffice.org, and so on. Non-GUI (no X server), I immediately turned to a solution using Transmission (Without GTK) and ClutchIts dedicated web interface. I reread this ticket.
    you need a web server type Apache or Lighttpd installed so that the web interface works correctly (for me it is Apache). To implement this solution, there is nothing complex. Just log onto the machine (SSH for me) and install packages transmission-cli and clutch.
    Code:
    ~ $ Sudo aptitude install transmission-cli clutch
    There is of course reloading the Apache configuration (or other) to take into account Clutch.
    Code:
    ~ $ Sudo / etc/init.d/apache2 reload

RHev is based on the virtualization engine KVM. A key functionality is provided by the project Deltacloud aimed at creating an API that can make public and private clouds interoperable and allow to move a virtual machine infrastructure virtualization to another. In addition, Red Hat is trying to position Deltacloud as open standard for managing cloud computing infrastructures through the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF). The next version 6 of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux should make major changes needed to Cloud Foundation. The next release will introduce the concepts of quality of service through the deployment of solutions Cloud.

One of the most important ideas behind cloud computing is scalability, and the key technology that makes that possible is virtualization. Virtualization allows better use of a server by aggregating multiple operating systems and applications on a single shared computer. Virtualization also permits online migration so that if a server becomes overloaded, an instance of an operating system (and its applications) can be migrated to a new, less cluttered server.

Linux using the cloud. After Suse and Amazon EC2 as well as Ubuntu, Fedora is also focusing on IaaS Amazon for his upcoming Fedora 14. The goal? Find a successor to recent Fedora 8 available on EC2, but never really maintained. Fedora 14 will have an Amazon EC2 image. But above all, Fedora 14 will be supported and maintained, so we can expect some updates, changes. It will include a patch to the kernel to work with the EC2 cloud infrastructure. Documentation available to create, deploy Fedora 14. An account will be necessary to launch EC2 Fedora 32 or 64.