Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials vNext (beta version)

Microsoft Security Essentials vNext (beta version)

Security Essentials delivers real-time protection for home computers from viruses, spyware and other malicious software and stands for original copies of Windows a free download from Microsoft. Microsoft Security Essentials has received many awards and was most recently in the PC Advisor Awards 2010 The Best Free Software Award. The beta of the next version, of Microsoft Connect to download:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security_es...2-f5396ef5ff0b

What's new?

• Windows Firewall Integration
      As part of the installation process asks Microsoft Security Essentials now whether the Windows Firewall on or off-will.
    • Enhanced protection for web-based attacks
      Microsoft Security Essentials integrates with Internet Explorer now. Script scanning browser offers protection against the increasingly popular web-based attacks (see, for example, deserves the ground with Scareware).
    • New Engine Protection
      The updated anti-malware engine still offers better detection rates and cleanup capabilities while further improved performance.
    • Network Inspection System (NIS)
      Protection against network-based attacks is now part of the Microsoft Security Essentials.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials vNext (beta version)

Will it still include the espionage function. I'm really interested wants me to download the beta, but I would like to have a choice if I join now at this SpyNet or not. On my PC are sensitive to information than that I would give it just Microsoft and who knows, to which advertisers they are sold.Since then, what one has heard of Facebook and the "Data sniffer" from Google, I am now a bit more cautious with new software.

Will it still include the espionage function. I'm really interested wants me to download the beta, but I would like to have a choice if I join now at this SpyNet or not. On my PC are sensitive to information than that I would give it just Microsoft and who knows, to which advertisers they are sold.Since then, what one has heard of Facebook and the "Data sniffer" from Google, I am now a bit more cautious with new software.
    Microsoft Security Essentials includes - like all Microsoft products - NO espionage functions. You give Microsoft, no sensitive information, and certainly not to be transmitted information sold to advertisers.

and use of personal data". There, in turn should be the (c) Observe closely. Quote: "(c) to accept in good faith, that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of employees or customers of Microsoft or the public Personal information is also possibly in the context of a business transaction disclosed, for example. in a merger or sale of assets". This is often very horizontal. What does "good faith"? In general, I think it's not okay, if my information be disclosed. No matter who the "believe" whatever may. I "think" too much good stuff Could the (c) explained again and make more understandable?

I can not interpret the legal text but perhaps more to help a few comments. First of all you have to define what is meant by "personal data" means. The term is for PII (Personally identifiable information) used. PII is, for example, something like the user name, a path to a file (C: \ Users \ Max) can be present or in the URL of a website called. We try as much as possible to remove such information from the outset if the user wants to send data to Microsoft. In some places the leaves but not always be avoided 100%. These data will be particularly treated strictly. Good faith commitment to a consideration of the legitimate interests of others and in an honest and loyal conduct legal transactions. From the principle of good faith is also apparent that a partner should behave in such a way that life, health and property of the other part will not be harmed.

With the current version, unfortunately I could never download updates of the signatures if a proxy in Internet Explorer was registered. I thought this intention to corporate customers was like to hold a free virus scanner to use. Are there any ways to block the updates in a corporate firewall?. Which port gets the updates MSE?

Microsoft Security Essentials can also update via a proxy. It uses the built-in Windows Update feature. Company administrators can control it yourself, by installing a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) internally and configure the clients so that they communicate with. BTW: Microsoft Security Essentials home use. The corporate use is a license violation when it goes beyond homework.