Thread: Photosmart C4780 prints slow via wireless connection

Photosmart C4780 prints slow via wireless connection

I recently purchased a Mac computer and alongwith that I also took Photosmart C4780 printer because of its wireless feature which attracted me a lot. When I tried to connect this printer with my Mac computer, I noticed a problem and I am unsure what is the reason behind this strange behaviour of my printer. I either am unable to print the documents or sometimes when it works I have noticed that it prints too slow. I don't know if it is due to connection problem or some settings issues. This printer is connected to my computer wirelessly via wireless router. What measure should be taken care of to improve the printing performance?

Re: Photosmart C4780 prints slow via wireless connection

This happens because of the high CPU usage on your Mac computer. So in order to improve your printing performance first stop and then start the "HP Network Devices Support" service once again. This will reduce the CPU usage for that service to almost zero until the next system reboot. Also set it to "Manual". This will prevent the service from starting during system boot.

Can you provide us some more information about your network like what is the router model, which security are you having (WEP, WPA...)? Also try to make sure all the settings are proper for your printer and wireless adapters. If this doesn't works then uninstall your printer from your computer and then reinstall it once again. Then also install the latest drivers for your printer from HP website. Make sure it is available for your operating system.

Thank you for your help guys but can you tell me how to stop HP service. I don't know much about it MAC computer because I have recently started using MAC. Until now I have been using Windows and was aware about everything in that but not familiar with MAC. And talking about my setup, I have D-link DIR-628 router and it has WEP security enabled. But I don't think this is the cause of the problem. I tried manually installing the printer once again but it didn't helped.

Looking at your setup, no issues with your router but make sure you have the latest firmware for the same. Regarding your security, never use WEP its not the safest solution. Instead use WPA or WPA2 because it provides better security solution. And what about your wireless setup, is your printer assigned static IP or is it configured to DHCP? Make sure it is static because dynamically assigning an IP address creates a lot of problems.

I had the exact same issue with my new Mac. It is an HP driver issue. the Photosmart 5100 driver does not have this issue, however, so the fix is simple:

Go to System Preferences --> Print & Fax. Highlight your HP C4700 printer and click "Options and Supplies." Then choose the "Driver" tab. In the "Print Using" drop-down, choose "Select Printer Software" and select "HP Photosmart C5100 series" as your new driver.

h4141 Guest

Photosmart C4780 printer driver update. end restart computer.