Thread: Solution for password

Solution for password

I am having Microsoft windows operating system installed on my laptop. I have set password for my laptop so that it is locked and no one is able to gain access over my system easily. I went out of station for few days while i was back i was not knowing my system password. I tried various ways of breaking the password but failed. I there any solution to reset the password and also give me the tips for setting password.

Re: Solution for password

After you have set the password for your system you should secure it. You can secure your password by following the steps given below
    • Don’t tell your password to any one.
    • You should set a password in such a way that it is easier for you to remember but hard for other to trace it.
    • You should never write down your password any where. Stop storing your password in the mobile phone.
    • If you are confirmed that someone has traced your password then you should change your password as soon as possible.

Steps to change password into the windows operating system is as follows. While logging into your windows operating system press CTRL+ALT+DELETE keys together. A dialog box will appear. Click on change password button to change it.The first two fields should be filled by you. Enter the old password, new password and confirm password. Click on OK button to change it.

Steps to disable password at start up are given below
    1. Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Network.
    2. Make sure you have “Client for Microsoft Networks” installed along with “Primary Network Logon" set to "Windows Logon".
    3. When the password dialog box appear, enter your name and leave the password and confirm password input box blank.
    4. Click on save button to save the changes.
    5. Now restart the system and the password will be disabled at start up.

You can set your password in the BIOS. To set the password in BIOS follow the steps given below:
    • Reboot your system.
    • Press the DEL key to to enter the BIOS setup program.
    • Now you will see that there are two option for password such as Supervisor Password and User Password. All BIOS have this password feature.
    • select User Password and you need to enter the password. You should enter a password up to eight characters of length. Type the same password in the confirm password input box.
    • Now you want your system to ask for the password when it starts booting. select BIOS FEATURES SETUP and check on its password option to always. Return back to main program and click on save changes to apply the changes made by you. Now every time when your system starts to boot it will ask for you to enter the password.

You can break the password from the BIOS by carrying few steps. Turn off your computer and be sure that it is unplugged from the socket. Now you need to open the CPU. Search for the circular silver metallic object on the motherboard. This circular object is known as CMOS battery. Remove the CMOS battery for 5 to 10 minutes. During this time it will flush its memory and the password will be removed. Set the battery again and turn on the system. Computer will ask for the configuration. You can set it manually or you can either select restore to default option. Now the password from BIOS is removed.