Thread: Can not install Kaspersky due to Alwil Avast

Can not install Kaspersky due to Alwil Avast

while i was trying to install the kaspersky antivirus application on my system the Alwil avast trial version which was installed on my system before was not working which i uninstalled before installing KIS. So i purchased the kaspersky antivirus application which i am not able to install because the Alwil avast is not letting me to install KIS says that there is an incompatible application which needs to be removed first please help.

Re: Can not install Kaspersky due to Alwil Avast

I think that the alwil avast is still present in the system registry files so i would suggest you to follow the step which i have mentioned below
    1. Open the registry editor by typing the regedit command in the run box.
    2. Delete this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ALWIL Software\Avast\4.0
    3. Now Install the Kaspersky antivirus application once again it will be installed without issues

It may be that your antivirus is not uninstalled correctly and therefore still appears as installed. try using an uninstaller application like the perfect uninstaller. Perfect uninstaller can remove updates and programs that are uninstalled incorrectly. it also removes the unwanted files from the registry files. Hope this will fix the matter.

As far as i know it is difficult to manually remove the registry files, the system configuration utility case is still linked to automatic startup, program files, and folder C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator \ Application Data (windows xp) that sometimes there are kept quarantined file. The quarantine file may also be the reason why you are not allowed to install the KIS file try installing again after deleting the quarantined file.

Your system seems to have infected and hence i would advice you to get the Kaspersky Internet Security installed on your system in the safe mode. Because the virus is not allowing your system to install an antivirus application the safe mode disables all the viruses that may be present in your system. So it should resolve the installation issue.

I would advice you to restore your system to a specific point where your system was working without the alwil Avast application after the restoration is finished the kaspersky antivirus can be installed. If this trick does not work for you then you must try to use the Revo uninstaller application on your system.