Thread: Multiple virus attacking computer speed, smitfraud and trojans

Multiple virus attacking computer speed, smitfraud and trojans

I suppose that multiple virus are attacking computer speed, possibly smitfraud and trojans. Actually, my system was running slow ever since I had downloaded some files from the web. I ignored the slowness of the system for a couple of days. After that, I ran an entire system scan and to my surprise, the AVG antivirus detected many threats in my system. Well, I am not able to understand why it did not alert me when these threats entered my system. Moreover, I cannot delete them from the antivirus interface. My computer is running Windows Vista.

Re: Multiple virus attacking computer speed, smitfraud and trojans

It seems that your computer is infected with a backdoor. Such type of threats attract all possible infections from the internet. This is why it is advised that one must never click on links that are simply posted by anonymous users on various web pages.

I dont think that you have a firewall in your system. The reason is that if you had such a security tool, then these infections would never had entered your system. Firewalls, check for each and every bit of data that comes into the system from the network.

When some malicious data is encountered, they are not allowed to enter into the system.

Here are the steps to activate the default Windows Firewall:
    • Click on Start.
    • After that, go to Control Panel.
    • Now, select Security.
    • Then, Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    • Here, select On.
    • Finally, click OK.

I hope that this setup will help you to prevent the future threats that can enter your system.

You can remove the infections in your system with the help of the AVG antivirus itself. I think that the threat must have taken over the antivirus because of which you are not able to eradicate these infections with the help of the antivirus. In this case, you have to uninstall the antivirus, reboot the system and then, install the antivirus again. Update the database of the antivirus and after that scan the computer. I am sure that the infections will be removed with the help of this method.

There is a possibility that multiple virus may not be attacking computer speed, even if smitfraud and trojans are persisting in your system. If there are junk files in the computer, the it becomes slow. So, it is always required to optimize the system from time-to-time. You will require a tool called Speedup my PC for removing the junk files. You can also optimize the internet connections with the help of this tool.

Boot scanning is the best technique for getting rid of any infections in the system. This is a scan that takes place when all the infections are inactive. This is because the boot scan starts before the operating system is started. I use Quick Heal antivirus that provides this scanning method and hence, I can assure you that any infections can be removed with the help of this method.

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions to get rid of the situation about multiple virus attacking computer speed, smitfraud and trojans. I have already activated the firewall in my system. I have not tried any other solution provided by you people. Anyways, I will try them one by one and I hope that one of them will be successful. If I still get the same issue, then I will reply back here.