Thread: Confused about avastUI.exe

Confused about avastUI.exe

When i visited a particular website for thrice then i suddenly got a pop up saying that web shield had blocked the file avastUI.exe. I have never got any such pop ups but it seems like that i am getting this pop up only some websites. Can anybody tell me what is this avastUI.exe and what should i do with that pop up?

Re: Confused about avastUI.exe

From the name of this file that is an avastUI.exe, It seems like that this file would be for an user interface of an Avast Anti Virus installed on your system. So i think you should ignore such pop ups from any web sites if there is nothing happening wrong on your system. Until and unless your anti virus software runs without any problem then there is no need to do anything on your system.

As you have not provided any informations that what notifications you are getting on pop ups which are coming on your screen. Actually i have found that an avastUI.exe is malicious file as well and there is file with the same name for supporting the user interface module of an avast anti virus software. So i think you need to check it that which file is this.

I think you need to install some other antivirus software on your machine which might be able to check that an avastUI.exe on your machine has been infected or not. If there would be anything malicious about this file then you need to change the anti virus software on your system. I have provided you the link from where you can download the Norton Anti Virus which is also a good software for securing your system from the viruses. Click on NORTON to download it.

This kind of problems has been noticed when your firewall gets disturbed with some body. Actually the pop up which you are getting on your system is nothing but a fake alert about anti virus software which might be telling you that your system has been infected by avastUI.exe and you need to download some software which can remove it from your computer.

If you feel that there is anything wrong with the website itself then you may block those web site addresses from the security software by manually inserting the web address. avastUI.exe is file supportive for running avast on your system but once it gets infected then there would not be anything supportive about it. And there is a malicious file as well with the same name so you might not be knowing that which file is on your system. So you better reinstall the software but make sure that you have uninstalled it properly before reinstalling it.