Thread: Problem with Programm Compability Assistant Virus

Problem with Programm Compability Assistant Virus

In fact I have a problem with a program that I installed it quite some time before. The application never wanted to settle and when I finally uninstalled an error message appeared. It showed some Program Compability thing. If this message has disappeared after uninstalling the game, I would not have considered, but the problem is that this error message appears again when I start my windows xp. This is not impossible to remove. I think this is a virus.

Re: Problem with Programm Compability Assistant Virus

There is a solution for this. Click the Start button then in the run box, type the command services.msc and confirm with enter. Then you can see a service windows. Double click on Service Program Compatibility Wizard. In that you can right click and then choose the option of Disabled. Or next to it you can unroll the Startup type list and select disabled. Then click Stop. Then click the ok button and close the console window of the Services. The Program Compatibility Wizard window will no longer be displayed after the installation of software.

It is a window service which can be stopped as per the method shows above. If that does not work then I will recommend you to scan your system under safe mode. The application which you had download might have some malicious code. Scanning in safe mode can detect some virus if there is. Try to run Windows update to get some better fix.

Try to run system restore settings. System Restore will help you get back your old settings where your system was working fine and this is the only quickest way to get your system work properly. This also allows you to undo changes to the system without affecting your personal files, such as emails, documents or photos. You can access the same from start menu. Usually, uninstalling the program or driver corrects the problem

System Restore in Windows XP is a process that saves changes made to the system files and registry by periodic backups of the computer state at time. System Restore provides a new chance to the user who made his unstable system giving it the ability to revert to a previous state stable. Run the same and then check back weather it works or not.

I don't think that is a virus in your system. But if it is a infection then you can download and try Spyware Doctor. Spyware Doctor protects your computer from spyware and other advertising programs in real time. Spyware, Adware, Keyloggers, Trojans, Phishing and Popups are among the threats detected and blocked by its system of automatic analysis. Try this.

It can be due to some incompatible settings on your system. Just run a system restore for that. Once done reboot your pc and check back. If you found any serious issue on your operating system then you can run a repair option from the Windows XP installation disc. A repair option can fix all corrupted system file. Run a registry cleaner also for better performance.