Thread: Dell D600 WiFi not working

Dell D600 WiFi not working

Hello,
    After hours of searching I still can not find how to run my wifi card is integrating, after having to reformat my pc, I lost my driver for wireless card I found, but no wifi not work, I tried fn + f2 same, yet it could not be installed?? I have a Dell D600 laptop and using ubuntu. How to install my wifi? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell D600 WiFi not working

Hello,
    Just follow this

network controler => chipset wireless network called WiFi or Wireless LAN => Driver installed Intel (R) Pro / Wireless 2100 LAN miniPCI Adapter to the Network category.

PCI Modem => installed Conexant Driver D480 MDC V.92 Modem Communication class.

02Micro smartcardbus_reader => memory card reader => Driver installed O2711EC1 O2Micro PCMCIA / SmartCard Controller to Chipset category.

Hello,
    A friend bought a Dell Latitude d600 (model 512 MB of RAM), the only prob he did not have the install cds. I've installed it while downloading the drivers on the Dell site but problem, impossible to activate the wifi drivers I install the Intel wireless icon appears at the bottom but "network unavailable" and the prog Intel told me to activate the card using FN + F2. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    First, try to see if this is not your router that is lacking. Go play in setting it by typing IP address of the router. Maybe the router is blocking the MAC ADDRESS of your D600 or the router's radio is off. Make sure you put a password on your network too! Avoid WEP encryption keys and the keys privileged WAP or WAP-PSK Personal who are more difficult to decode. Try to test the wireless network with another computer. Subsequently, make sure you have the correct drivers. The card PRO / Wireless 2200 is different from the wireless card PRO / Wireless 2945.

Hello,
    It is possible that the laptop is "ready for wireless" because it has an integrated antenna and everything. Although it certainly lacks the mini-pci card is going well. So either you make the laptop vendor and you do pay it back, you buy a WiFi PCMCIA card, or you buy a wireless mini-pci card. See, if this helps you.
    Last edited by InterNetWorKed; 23-04-2010 at 05:17 PM.