Thread: Unable to forward emails on port 25

I have Windows XP on my computer and Exchange 2003 which is fully patched. The ISP which i use blocks all the port 25 traffic rather than their SMTP server. The setup which i have currently has all the email which is being forwarded to their SMTP server by using the smart host setting with the default smtp server and the smtp connector. So i wanted to change the host of the domain's SMTP server to the ISP's SMTP server which is being blacklisted by most of the spam filters. So i need some help for forwarding emails to the port 25 server.

Re: Unable to forward emails on port 25

I think you need to specify the smarthost IP on to the SMTP connector, instead of the smtp server name. This may help you out to solve the problem of what you are getting. So try the method which i have specified and then i am sure that you can send and forward the mail through the port 25 server. And also if you want then you can check the setting in the server.

I was also having the same problem, but sorted out. Just do what i have done to solve this problem. I ran wireshark and after that i saw that the connection it was trying to established to port 587 with no problem. One more time i ran wireshark while doing the telnet connection and after that everything was working fine and I was able to log to the traffic and that showed up great. Hope this helps you out to solve your problem.

If you have solved your problem then you need to even check out if the name resolution works then you have to specify the IP addresses for the smarthost in the SMTP connector. And if you want to have more information on this topic then you can visit the official website of the microsoft by typing "support.microsoft" in the google search and then go on the website and search for the information.

Also if the problem doesn't go from the server and you cannot sen and forward the mail then you need to check the settings in the server's end or else try to re-install the server and the software which is using this server. I am sure that it will definitely help you out to solve this problem and then you can also try with the port 25 by telnet and other server. Also you can check out the network connection with respect to the server.