Thread: RPC server not available in windows firewall

RPC server not available in windows firewall

I am using two different servers in cluster mode which act as exchange server. In primary server,I am getting some errors which is given following.Just because of these things,i am unable to take backup and verify in snap manager.The error is as -
    Error : RPC server not available check Dcom ports or Windows firewall while connecting disk in snap drive,

What I need to do in this situation.

Thanks.

You didn't specify the system configuration which you are using,So I am just getting some complexity to solve your problem.You need to post the system configuration and server configuration also.

The thing is necessary That in which situation,your firewall is working.You made it active(enable),disable or stopped.The status of your firewall depends on the ports activation which is necessary for SnapDrive to communicate with the other SnapDrive instance.

Sorry to give you incomplete information,I am working on the following configuration and yet not finding the absolute suggestion and solution.The configuration of my system is as below mentioned -

Server information :

Operating System : Windows 2008

Snapdrive 6

Snap manager 5

And the additional information about firewall,I have changed the status of firewall as STOP.

If you kept your firewall in stopped status which is blocking the ports that are necessary for SnapDrive to interact with the each other SnapDrive instance.Just make sure the firewall is not generating any type of issues related to this then you require to configure the settings to activate the SnapDrive settings for proper communication.

If the Windows Firewall is already activated on your server machine ,you require to configure it to allow SnapDrive for Windows communications. commonly,the Windows Firewall is enabled automatically for Server 2008.

configuring firewall for communicating with snapdrive

Configuring windows firewall:

You need to configure the windows firewall which requires some steps to complete and commit the settings.

1- Add the DCOM registry key with the help of regedt32.
    2- Move to the Control Panel=>Windows Firewall
    3- Choose Allow a program through Windows Firewall and then Exceptions.
    4- Choose COM+ Network Access checkbox.
    5- Select the environment for HTTP.
    6- Click on the Add program and browse to go for C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\, and specify the installed SnapDrive location and all.
    7- Select SWSvc.exe and open it after then click OK.
    8- Restart the computer system.