Thread: Want to get rid of Backdoor.Ardu.A?

Want to get rid of Backdoor.Ardu.A?

Need Help!!! I am using windows vista on my computer and it has been infected by the Backdoor.Ardu.A. I have got this virus from my colleague's computer by inserting his pen drive in to my computer. I came to know about this infection as my friends computer has the same. I do not have any anti-virus software so that i can confirm the infection by detecting it. Please help as i want to get rid of Backdoor.Ardu.A as soon as possible.

Want is Backdoor.Ardu.A

Actually Backdoor.Ardu.A is a trojan which ends up on a system after being downloaded by other malware in %system%\AutoCfg.exe. This is just a executable which carries the real malicious file to harm your computer. Once this executable has been opened then the trojan inside it will be inserted in to your computer. After executing it will drop files in temporary folder.

Actions performed by Backdoor.Ardu.A

Once your computer got infected by the Backdoor.Ardu.A then following are the actions taken by it on your computer.
    1. Fetch local computer name.
    2. Fetch local user name.
    3. Fetch the Ip address.
    4. Retrieve a file named as ip.txt from the URL which contains an IP address.
    5. Connect to the IP address retrieved previously.
    6. Send the data about the victimized computer.
    7. Listen for commands sent by an attacker.

Install Norton to deal with the viruses on your computer.

Norton Anti-Virus system is one of the leading software for detecting and deleting the malicious data from the computer system. I think you should use this software in order to secure your computer from the infected drives. Click HERE to download the Norton Security System. I suggest you to scan your whole computer first of all as soon as you complete with the installing it.

Use password protected user account.

If your computer has been infected by the virus then i think you should use password protected user account in order to make your data safe from the hands of attacker. Once your computer gets infected then those viruses on your computer sends the information data about your computer which makes attacker to enter in to your system by guessing the password but if you have chosen the strong password for your user account then it would be difficult for the attacker to crack it.

Switch ON the firewall on your computer.

When your computer does not have a good copy of the software which can easily deal with the most of the viruses then you should always keep your firewall ON and it is also a good habit to keep it ON. Firewall is that entrance to your computer from which every bit of data passes through. Even if single bit of the large data would be corrupted then your firewall will warn you about the infected data. Go to Network And Securities from the control pane in order to switch on your firewall.