Thread: How to remove Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic12.GOG.dropper

How to remove Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic12.GOG.dropper

Hey guys please try to help me out with a virus which has infected my system, yesterday when i was surfing on internet i downloaded a file which later i recognised that it is a malicious file which I suspect that it is a virus. But on of my friend he said me that it's not a virus and before opening it i thought to run a scan on the online scanner which are available easily on the net. After scanning it online the scanners did not detect any kind of virus. But after some time in every three to five minutes my Avast antivirus warns me that it detected a suspecious file stating "Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic12.GOG.dropper". After that i made a complete system scan and checked with spybot, unfortunately nothing was changed. I use Internet Explorer 7 as a default browser on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Re: How to remove Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic12.GOG.dropper

If you dont have Malwarebyte Anti-Malware then please download it from the net and save it on your desktop.

After downloading it just follow the steps:

• Do double click on the mbam setup.exe file and follow the sreps to install the tool.
    • If your system need to update mbam tool then please update, it will automatically downloads and installs the latest version.
    • After that click on finish button.
    • After the tool is installed click on quick scan and then click Scan.
    • When it completes the scanning, click on OK button.
    • You should be sure that everything is checked, and if it finds some infected file then click on to the remove selected infected file.
    • When the it is completed, a log will open where you can see all the removed infected files and you may be asked to restart your computer.

Hi,
    Your problem totally depends upon the virus removal tool. You should try finding some tools to remove this threat on the internet. From my side i think you should have a trojan remover on your system to get rid of it, it will help you to remove the trojans horse, wormes, adware, spyware, from the system. When most of the time antivirus software fails to detect any infected file, this tool provides the solution for your problem. This tool works on all OS including Window 98/xp/2000/vista , but there is a limit that this program is not compatible with 64v of windows. You can download this on the internet.

I have also found this kind of virus "backdoor.generic 12.gog.dropper" two days ago on my system. I am using AVG Anti Virus which notifies me a pop-up that backdoor.generic 12.gog.dropper is loadign a program. My AVG gave me a option to quarantine the file. But when i was running AVG it was unable to detect the Trojan during the scan. I tried it in six different remover programs and spent my most of the time in searching forums fot the answer. Finally, one day i found a thread where one guy recommended me to download SuperAntiSpyware. I downloaded it and ran it and finally i was able to remove the Trojan.

If your antivirus is not able to clear the virus and its always poping up on your screen then i would suggest you that please update your antivirus correctly wihtout doing any modification during the installation. I was also facing same kind of problem but solved by using avira antivirus. In the latest version of this antivirus they have the definition for this kind of trojan horse which you are facing.

If anything is not working with you to solve your problem then i think you should reformat your system and to get rid from this virus completely. In most of the cases there are several virus which do not go after removing it using any antivirus. It is the best solution for you and it will help you to clear other malacious file which are existing in your system. After formatting do the reinstallation of OS and all your other programs. I know its time consuming but to get rid from it you have to do this.