Thread: Help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen

Help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 and my browser is Opera 10. The AVG antivirus that I am using in my system detected the infection, but it is not allowing me to remove the same. I cannot understand how, since I thought that AVG is a very good antivirus that can remove all types of infections. So, I need some help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen. I am awaiting for some replies and comments.

Search for the file called aha7.exe

I suggest you to search for the file called aha7.exe as a help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen. When TR/Hijacker.Gen enters into the system, it installs with the name aha7.exe. So, when you get the search results of that particular file from your system, first go to the task manager and kill the processes of aha7.exe. After that delete the file permanently from the original location of the search results. This will surely remove your problem.

Format the system

I dont think that the manual deletion of the infection is that easy. TR/Hijacker.Gen is a trojan, so they seem to be genuine programs from outside and internally work for a malicious cause. So, the only help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen is to format the system and install a new copy of Windows in the system. After that keep the system well protected with some good antivirus and always remember to keep the scheduled scan on.

Update the database of the antivirus

Update the database of the antivirus as a help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen. AVG is indeed a very good antivirus for the removal of trojans, worms and virus. First, reinstall the antivirus and then update its database. This will help to add the signatures of the new infections to be added in its database. After that run a full system scan and removal all the unhealed infections detected during the scan.

Use an anti-malware

The best help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen is to use an anti-malware. These anti-malwares can stay in the background of the system and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. When it finds the applications and programs that are causing such problems in the system, they simply delete them from the system. Spyware Doctor is a very good anti-malware.

The system restore

The system restore will help to eradicate TR/Hijacker.Gen. This method is used against very dangerous infections that cannot be removed any of the techniques. So, this can be used an option before formatting. The system restore is done to a time before the infections had entered into the system. This removes all the applications and programs installed in the system during this time period.