Thread: Nokia N86 cellphone won't use Wifi connection

Nokia N86 cellphone won't use Wifi connection

I'm having a Nokia N86 cellphone. Now the problem is that N86 won't use Wifi connection. I want to download shows from iplayer.I have created a connection to my wifi, i have set it to destination number 1.
    In Real i have set it to connect via the wifi access point. So, can any body tell me that why does my Nokia N86 won't use Wifi connection? Any body knows about it? Let me know the correct way to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Nokia N86 cellphone won't use Wifi connection

N86 runs on Series 60 with FP2. The N86 also includes a GPS chip and the Nokia Maps software, but to have voice guidance, you need to take out a monthly or an annual subscription. If you’ve used any of the Nokia Symbian devices in the past, there’s not much to explore in here because the UI is reminiscent with few changes like new menu icons. Thephone has a built-in accelerometer, which the software takes advantage of by changing to horizontal/landscape mode on tilting the phone.

N86 boasts an ARM11 processor clocking at 434MHz. Unfortunately, you can't get a smartphone without a data plan unless you're purchasing an unlocked phone. This is the same with pretty much all U.S. carriers, and it's regardless of whether the phone has Wi-Fi or not. Although it is not the fastest Nokia around, the UI is optimized to execute commands swiftly. You won’t find much lag while surfing through the menu or starting an application.

According to me, i think you should contact your local dealer form where you had purchased your Nokia phone. He might be able to help you out to resolve your above issue. If you want you can directly go to the Nokia service center.