Thread: Reset DRAC password

Reset DRAC password

Recently i had bought Dell Remote Access Controller/Card (DRAC). I would like to know that is it possible to reset drac password? Does any body have any idea about it? kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Reset DRAC password

I was hoping that during the boot sequence it was possible to reset the card. Also you can do it when the machine is booting, you can enter the drac and setup accounts, etc. where you will find the reset password option.

You can do it in Server Administrator or using racadm. If you have a host os, maybe you can use racadm.exe with the racresetcfg flag to get back to factory defaults.

I would originally setup the DRAC card using the Ctrl + D option upon boot to give it a static IP but the only options I saw in this specific DRAC card was Network Settings.The command that you are looking for is racadm racresetcfg. Since you can not logon to the DRAC from remote I believe that the only way that you will be able to issue this command is from the command line of the server that the DRAC is installed in. You will need to have OpenManage installed and the DRAC services installed from OM. I will have to reboot the box later to see if the firmware upgrade changed that and will allow me to change user settings.