Thread: Lose Routes at Policy Install

Lose Routes at Policy Install

Hello friends,

We are working SPlat Pro R65 NGX HFA_30 on two computers with ClusterXL in HA mode.The firewall speaks RIPv2 with its neighbors.The issue is that whenever we install a new policy on the cluster, it comes that the dynamic routes get dropped and do not reappear until the cluster gets its next RIP update from its neighbors, up to 30 seconds.Have we got something wrong with our configuration?I doubt am i missing something from our configuration,router rip Or is it a bug?

And are we the only people in the world using RIPv2?

Re: Lose Routes at Policy Install

I always makes a snapshot before applying a HFA.The point is, how do i patch my box now ? Do you have to create a fresh install before ? (This SC is a R60 migrated in R65 /w HFA02 then HFA30).I can't figure out anything since i reverted the snapshot. But my box seems to be in worst condition because when i do sysconfig > Products installation it crashes right after the license approval

We have the same troubles HFA40 was supposed to fix this, guess what, it did not for us. We have a call open with Checkpoint presently i will keep you posted on our solution.if you have cluster , kindly put graceful restart type. you can read about this on the admin guide of R65.I guess this would help you

I had the same headaches from HFA30 to HFA40 on my SC, I found that the services did not begun and the upgrade removed my GUI Clients the admin account was also gone missing. eventually I ended up reinstalling from scratch apply HFA30 again and restore a backup. i also discovered that when i deleted HFA40 from the secondary SC looking at the version again still says it has HFA40 Installed but it has not, another call to Checkpoint i guess. So i am not planing to do it so it again guess i will have to wait for the next HFA