Thread: connect two networks

connect two networks

Hi,Friends..I need help in connecting two networks

Scenario:I have 2 broadband connection.I have purchased two router (Netgear) and (linksys).Using netgear i have connected 4 computers using the ethernet cable and on other network i have 4 computers connected using the ethernet cable to linksys router.both the networks are closeby ie in two seperate rooms.Now i wanted to make an access between both the networks.Should i buy any device to do it or is there any other way.
    Thank you.

Re: connect two networks

plz reply...i need help urgently

You can easily connet to two networks, just follow the suggestions given in similar topics from here:Connect to two networks from one machine...
    Connecting two networks
    Share two internet connection to two networks using four LAN card from one computer

The simplest thing you can do is, disable DHCP on one of the router and connect the two router through straight or cross ethernet cable [both supported]. Then the computers will get the ip address from the one router who's DHCP is enabled. Then its done. Else you can use one router and one switch. This would make the work more easy. You will need to setup the Static route option from the routers if you have connectivity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by antony.sunny View Post
    Hi,Friends..I need help in connecting two networks

Scenario:I have 2 broadband connection.I have purchased two router (Netgear) and (linksys).Using netgear i have connected 4 computers using the ethernet cable and on other network i have 4 computers connected using the ethernet cable to linksys router.both the networks are closeby ie in two seperate rooms.Now i wanted to make an access between both the networks.Should i buy any device to do it or is there any other way.
    Thank you.
    So in short you have 8 computers and 2 networks which you want to connect using 2 routers? So there are 2 possibilities for this kind of setup. Use one Ethernet cable and connect both the routers via LAN port. For this you can also use the wifi access if both of them support the wireless access. Otherwise you can also use a switch or an access point and let the connection from both the router to move via this switch or access point.