Thread: Constantly having to restart Network

Constantly having to restart Network

Hello Networking gurus,

I have a DLink DSL-G604T wireless network router. which takes me to the Internet world. but since from last 2 -3 days it continuously restarting because which i need to again login to the sites and the discussion with my client gets lost,which is very much embarrassing to me in front of my client, because they unnecessarily have to login me to the Messenger again, i have tried all the possible things but nothing happens,please let me know is that the problem of my wireless router or some other.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Constantly having to restart Network

Have you talk to your ISP customer center regarding this issues,there may be a possibility that the issue may be from ISP side, or else if it is with the router then unplug the router and plug in again and check the result.

Re: Constantly having to restart Network

It's possible to have a hardware failure, but as per what have you mention, it is indicative of internet service problems.

After internet service is interrupted, there are routers that continue to show same indicator signals as if service was present. But, in your case you said your router restarts continuously means it is also oblivious that service may have gone.

When service resumes, it is advisable to restart the router, or seem to be necessary, and to avoid long delays for network services to resume, rather than wait for all of the devices, computers and the OS sort it all out on their own.

After isolating the problem further to rule out hardware failure, you should contact your ISP and calmly but persistently report the outage problems and request credit for lost services and inconvenience. Only if ISP's are held accountable and they must provide quality service and maintain their infrastructure and cabling properly.