Thread: MSATA onboard connector with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

MSATA onboard connector with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

here i have some questions about new MSATA onboard connector. first of all i just want to know, what is MSATA onboard connector and how this is use with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3? what are its uses, what are its features, will this use for increase the performance? What is Intel Smart Response Technology up to 4X+? so anyone have any answer for my this questions? please if anyone has any idea or has any experience with any of the above stated question than please provide me.

Re: MSATA onboard connector with Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

Gigabyte Z68 series motherboards are equipped with the Intel Smart Response technology, experienced users with the performance that you normally see from SSD systems. The Intel Smart Response technology improves system performance by frequently used applications which are cached in smart blocks. The output of GIGABYTE Z68 motherboards with Intel Smart Response technology increases at a hybrid system by a factor of 2x and HDD-based system even at 4x.

The Intel Solid-State Drive 311 Series is designed for the Intel Smart Response technology optimized to improve system performance and save energy. The use of 2.5-inch drives and disks in the mSATA format is possible, in order to ensure maximum flexibility.

GIGABYTE released a motherboard with Intel Express connector mSATA, world's first implementation of the industry! model for onboard mSATA connector are:

"GA-Z68XP-UD3"
    "GA-Z68XP-D3"
    "GA-Z68AP-D3"
    "GA-Z68P-DS3"
    "GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD"

"GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD" mSATA drive is Intel "Intel SSD 311" (20GB capacity). If you are using that formula exclusively, mSATA is no longer available on SATA port 1 on the board. The implementation of mSATA connector type corresponds to the Intel SLC, it can be used effectively which is a feature of Intel Smart Response.

as a model to support the mainstream, Intel Smart Response Technology with a mSATA slot is introduced to build a compact product. Intel SSD 311, SSD capacity is 20GB, rather than mainstream MLC SSD's in general have adopted the SLC life and excellent speed. In addition, when using an exclusive formula mSATA on SATA port 1 is no longer available on board. You can also use the Mini PCIe card slot that can also be seen engraved mSATA Mini PCIe and was not even talking about.

According to the booth staff, the EZ Smart Response is a software, the models Z68 with mSATA if that can be used with normal non-SATA connection. Also, at the time of tested in IDE mode, which was also verified to be in AHCI mode in terms of installation.

Besides Asus and other manufacturers also appropriate Z68-gigabyte motherboards in the program, which has the following special exhibit: According to the manufacturer Gigabyte is one of the first manufacturers of desktop motherboards with mSATA interface. In addition to this innovation will be presented to the board called the new BIOS with the one-touch control via mouse is now possible. it is also navigate through the computer screen with the new BIOS. It is also possible to change the mouse or icons on the order of finger, add frequently used icons or symbols that do not need to remove them. Since the gigabite touch bios is Windows based, there is no need to invoke the classic BIOS to make modifications.

mSATA connector is compatible with 3Gbps, SATA port is compatible with four 3Gbps all on one unusable at the time of use. By on-board connectors for the SRT mSATA, Intel 310 series such as the SSD mSATA adoption, which is characterized by direct attachment.

Gigabite, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, introduced its new motherboard series based on the Intel Z68 Express chipset and supports Intel's second generation of Intel Core processors as mention over. The motherboards are equipped with the latest technologies such as the 4X performance features boost by the Intel Smart Response technology, the first mSATA port on a standard desktop motherboard, and GIGABYTE's unique Touch BIOS, configured with the user, the GIGABYTE Z68 motherboards simply able to implement their own best wishes.

i just heard about the Switchable Graphics with LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization, and this feature is really great. but this is not good for me, i mean I rarely do intensive gaming. i dont have much idea about this, but i just heard the news about this. if you want more detail about this than i will help you collect for you. just tell me if this is helpful for you.