Thread: Power Consumption of AMD Bulldozer processors

Power Consumption of AMD Bulldozer processors

AMD Bulldozer surely going to be a fan for overclockers due to its ability to stable overclocking. Gamers really love these processors. I know that it will not going to beat Intel Sandy Bridge processors as it already gained it position on the top. But still I suggest AMD bulldozer as it is much cheaper than Intel one. Anyway the Power Consumption of this processor is not known to me. I think that it will need little more power as it has integrated GPU.

Re: Power Consumption of AMD Bulldozer processors

The consumption of this CPU, or rather the platform, are quite high. In IDLE stop in mid-table, better than those of solutions Core 2 Quad and Core i7 980X, but worse than those of Sandy Bridge. When stressed, however all the CPU core, the situation falls enough to bring the new AMD platform to consume even more of an Intel Extreme Edition.

The theory sounded very good, but the final product is initially deep: What AMD from a 315 mm large and comprehensive whopping 2 billion transistors, the processor gets out, disappointed in almost every respect. Not only that the performance does little persuasion, the exorbitant power consumption, which is necessary to, really shocked.

Details on the Internet and the power consumption of the AMD FX Turbo Core 2.0 has emerged. Both should have been determined using a B2 stepping. With this stepping Zambezi to come on the market. The enthusiasm that existed with the prospect of bulldozers in the forums and communities will subside after the launch certainly something, because ultimately, bulldozers while a good AMD processor and a good development, remains in the single-core area and power consumption but below our expectations.

A former Intel engineer, holds design automated processes for the cause of streaky performance and high power consumption under load with Bulldozer processors like the AMD FX 8150. The management at AMD has opted for the automated development and the critical parts of the processors to accelerate the design process.
    This comes at the expense of performance, chip size and power efficiency. Intel and AMD had previously also designed the main parts of the CPU by hand, but that has changed