Thread: MSI 990FXA-GD80 reading incorrect temperature

MSI 990FXA-GD80 reading incorrect temperature

I get my board 2 days back and I place it in an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T CPU through cooler master V8 cooler. I am having the Fan Speed on it put to max 2100 RPM as well as practical artic silver 5. On my previous board that is MSI 890FXA-gd70 the CPU temperature within the BIOS showed 33-35C however in the 990 it says that it is continuously at 53-55C. I want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Can somebody over here can tell me that what is the problem with this and how his can be solved? Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: MSI 990FXA-GD80 reading incorrect temperature

You can make use of the manufacturer's heatsink directions along with the suggestion that you should not have to spread the dot of thermal composite out. I would like to tell you that when you place the heatsink at the top of the metal cap then at that time the thermal compound will spread out similar to the blue circular outline on top of the metal cap.

You should allow the mounted heatsink for spreading the thermal compound and if you do this then it will ensure that there is proper coverage for the metal cap and it will minimize the air bubbles and allow the optimum bond line flanked by the two surfaces.

Which CPU do you have and at what speed at what voltage it runs? It was warm in my GD65 at the beginning of the same problem, my X6 1090T ran at 3.2 Ghz at 1.56 V (voltage standing on car) and was about 50 degrees. When you put down the excitement then I have seen that my board adjusts the voltage wrong, if I set in bios 1.46 V 1.56 V to come out, if I set 1.36 V 1.44 V to come out there and so one probably has the same problem. It would be good if you look at the voltage under load. For me the voltages fluctuate constantly in idle I had 1.32 V, 1.56 under load (Prime95).

You can simply go to the BIOS and wait for 15 minutes and it will provide you a good idea about the temps as the BIOS is a max-performance circumstances.

Imposing the cooling system dedicated to the power supply and the chipset AMD 990FX, the dimensions are not, however, preclude the installation of advanced heat sink for the CPU, ensuring maximum customization of your system. The power section of the CPU is equipped with over 10 stages using DrMOS technology, designed for the Intel server market, and now available on most motherboards and high-end video.

You can make use of the fan speed. With this, you will only have to choose a desired temperature and SpeedFan will vary the fan speed to reach it (slowing down or accelerating), so choose whether to have lower temperatures at the expense of more noise, or a quieter PC (to vary the fan speed, SpeedFan is configured. You have to spend a couple of minutes reading the instructions, otherwise you will get little or nothing).

SpeedFan is really good. I am using the same and that will work for you as well. O it will work great for you. Thank you.

It is very simple and clear that we show the values ​​of the different sensors in our computers. We can see in one view, the different voltages of the processor and its current consumption in watts (more if our CPU is fairly new), fan speeds, temperatures on the motherboard, hard disks, the various core CPU and video card. Everything is ordered in a simple and understandable, since there is only the name of the sensor, but also the hardware associated with it.