Thread: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard freezes after enabling SRT acceleration

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard freezes after enabling SRT acceleration

Hi, I have build a machine with following configuration :

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro

HDD: Intel 311 SSD

Processor: Intel I5

RAM: Corsair 8 GB

Operating system: windows 7

And after installing all this thing to the cabinet I have experienced very odd thing as after enabling Smart Response Technology (SRT) caching motherboard freezes and if I put it disable the system is rock-solid stable, thus while been the caching enable I can’t do anything with the machine as it just get stuck in between, so any idea what could be the problem?

Re: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard freezes after enabling SRT acceleration

I think there might be some problem with the RST software that you are using in your machine thus according to me you should try to get the 10.6 version for your machine, because I am also using the same software and without any hesitation I am having very good practice. There are lots of problem in the newer version if you have any, thus if you have installed that one you should try to downgrade that software.

while you enable caching you should do that with administrative rights, because it needs to have admin rights to perform such an action in the machine, because I was also having the same problem with the same motherboard but after updating the version which is already mentioned by the above user I am not getting any problem with caching, thus according to me you should try that one.

if you are still having any problem with the caching it might be because of the BIOS that you are using with the machine, because it is the most essential thing that we have to have installed in the system so that we can enable the caching, thus I would like to suggest you that you should install latest driver as well and that can have from the respective website of the motherboard itself.

See there are lots of configuration that you have to made while using the SATA driver and the RAID as well if you are using any, there are several settings regarding the SATA ports that you have to enable or else you’ll get the same problem for sure. And as mentioned by the above user this is simply because of the Rapid Storage Technology (RST) software that you are using for the same, and thus you have to have the most recent version installed in your machine and if you are looking for downloading then you’ll get it from Intel’s official website.

you should try this if you are using any RAID drives in your machine: first of all click on the device manager and expand the SCSI and RAID Controllers entry, and as you got the screen you need to right-click on the Intel(R) RAID Controller present and select Properties. After clicking on that it will open new window and from there you have to select the Driver tab. And there you can see the software version and this time let the windows search any software for your machine so that it would not give you any error.