Thread: Maximum Windows Experience Index rating

Maximum Windows Experience Index rating

I am just wondering that if someone is having the 7.9 Windows Experience Index. In my case, I am having it 7.7 with my 2600k along with the 4 GB 2200 ram, a 128gb C300 SSD as well as GTX 560Ti. 7.7 that I am getting is for the CPU and all the other things is 7.9. Is there someone who got the 7.9 with the CPU? I OC’d my 2600 k to 5.2 GHz for obtaining 7.7. I hope that there will be more replies on this soon. Thank you!!!

Re: Maximum Windows Experience Index rating

I don’t think that this is correct. In my case, I scored 7.8 and I am having 4.7 GHz. Overall I am getting 7.8 Windows Experience Index and that is because of my single SSD. Talking about the RAM and the video card, they are all at 7.9. I think that Microsoft will have to increase the scoring because it is getting very simple to obtain 7.9 Windows Experience Index. Let’s see what other people are getting the score as.

That is what occurs usually with that. I am having the Windows Vista installed in my computer and that is also doing the same thing. The useless Windows Experience Index score is 7.7. Other than this the processor and SSD's are at 7.7. Except that, all the other things are at 7.8. This is very common to get this rating because I have seen many of the other people who are also having the same rating.

Actually, I never worried regarding the Windows Experience Index. But today when I ram that then I found that it is getting 5.5 and the video card is getting 5.9 and that is very less as compared to you all. I am also having the a notebook and that around two years old and I am getting the rating as 4.0 and this is because it is having slower CPU and that is not the core architecture and that is the main reason for that.

I am not able to understand that why the Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz which I am having is giving me the low rating and that this actually bugs me. Because of that the overall rating goes down. I think that this is because the processor I am using is old and the ratings are designed for the future. Now I am going to upgrade it to core 2 duo processor and hope that it will increase the rating of that.

I wonder that which type of WEI scores for the new 8800GT. I think that it must be faster as compared to the 8800GTS. Therefore, I hope that the manufacturers will list these things and that will be very useful. at least not in anticipation that game publishers begin listing smallest and suggested WEI numbers on top of their games also. This is really going to assist us while shopping.