Thread: Low Windows experience index rating in AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition

Low Windows experience index rating in AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition

I am issuing some unreliable rating with my processor. The system specification is as follows. I have AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor with 3.2GHz and total 6Mb L3 cache, running with Windows 7 64bit version, ASUS M3N78 Pro motherboard, Kingtons hyperX 6GB RAM and OCZ 600W PSU. I have a doubt that the index rating I am experiencing is far lower than compared to other. The current rating is below 3.7? What will you say about this? What should be the appropriate rating? Please help me with this thread.

Re: Low Windows experience index rating in AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition

I think that your AMD processor is in power saving mode (i.e. cool and quiet mode) . When this processor is running is idle mode it is actually running is 800MHz only when it is not under any load or stress. You can get a real scores or ratings only when you turned off the power saver mode. You can check the CPU score with CPU-Z utility while running at 3.2 GHz. The appropriate or actual score should be greater than 7. I hope that you will get it when you turn off.

You have just mentioned the Windows rating as 3.7 but you didn’t mention the category. You might know that there are nearly five categories that windows checks the rating and those are processor, Desktop graphics performance, memory, 3D performance, and hard drive performance. You need to mention from which metric you got the lowest rating. As far as I know AMD processor ought to be getting a higher than 3.7. MY Core 2 Duo E7400 (overclocked to 3.36 GHz) getting 6.7 for processor rating, but the whole system is rating a 5.4.

Confirm and observe if each and every one cores are permitted in task manager, device manager, system monitor as well as in the BIOS. Windows OS installs the accurate CPU driver or the component wouldn't still toil devoid of BSOD or some new sort of error. By some default settings the power saving should be enabled and it will not submerge difference in WEI scores. As long as that error stays constant we can capable of compile data from it.

There are several reasons for getting low scores and you should follow these steps to get higher ratings
    • Update BIOs to latest version.
    • For cool & quite mode make sure to set least speed to either 25% or 50 % and highest speed to 100%
    • Remove any kind of software that is supposed to control windows power features and make use of windows built in power choices merely.
    • Correct the bios settings
    • Check the deficiency of PSU 12+ rail
    • Enable all the cores in windows
    • CPU-Z and Everest ultimate 5.5 are the2 better options for monitoring and testing.
    • Target score is 7.3 to 7.4 in windows 7 performance by FYI 955 BE stock. So I think you should achieve this target.