Thread: Intel D915GAV motherboard temperature readings

Intel D915GAV motherboard temperature readings

There is an overheating problem in my computer and due to this computer randomly gets shutdown. I have removed everything and cleaned up. Reseated the CPU properly as well as the heatsink. Now rebooted the computer and launched the standard OCCT CPU test. Operating my A8N SLI through the identical test and my highest processor temperature is 52 degrees therefore it seems to be okay there. However the motherboard temp seems to be quiet unstable. What reading it should be?

Re: Intel D915GAV motherboard temperature readings

BurnInTest V6 offers temperature monitoring straightforwardly and furthermore by the use of numerous third party system monitoring apps presently existing. By utilizing BurnInTest otherwise BurnInTest through these apps, is it probable to Burn in your hardware whilst monitoring as well as logging the temp of your processor(s), motherboard as well as Hard Disks. BurnInTest offers 3 kinds of temp sources:
    • Intel processors (temp average of CPU cores otherwise a specific core)
    • AMD processors (temp average of CPU cores otherwise a specific core)
    • Hard Disks that hold up S.M.A.R.T.

Most up to date processors consist of a thermal monitoring ability meant for fan pace threshold triggering and processor security reasons. These are not extremely truthful temp sensors. Microchip temps can usually be sourced straightforwardly from the CPU otherwise from an outside module on Motherboard (e.g. a SuperIO chip). In every case, the computer chip temp reported via BurnInTest is sourced frankly from CPU and this might differ from superficially reported CPU temps. These values are rectified as a genuine value.

The decision to use Intel Desktop Board brings significant advantages for the development of modern PCs. Intel Desktop Boards are characterized by good quality, next-generation technology and ease of integration. Revolutionize your digital life with the new Intel Desktop Boards based on the 915G Express chipset.
    • Min Storage Temperature: -40 ° C
    • Max Storage Temperature: 70 ° C

However you don’t need to worry about the motherboard temps. Sometimes the sensors may give you wrong result. So make sure that you will not notice any performance decrement.

Generally the processor temp is further precise at higher temps (since this is while the CPU generally uses the temp monitoring), and less precise at inferior temps. A number of Intel CPU temps below 50C might denote little in excess of just that; the temp is below 50C. Whilst the temps might have an elevated degree of error by the side of lower temps, the values can at rest be rather helpful in determining dissimilarities among temperatures, for example shaping whether a diverse cooling solution guidea to a higher otherwise lower temperature.

MBM monitors temperatures of motherboard and CPU and also monitors the voltages as well as fan speeds. It consists some fundamental system info and supports programmable awareness (furthermore email alerts otherwise app start on alert), plus logging. I heard that the development of this too has been stopped few years ago but now I think that it is still available to download from some third party websites. You may not able to get the updated version of MBM but I hope you can search for it.

The temperature sensors on the processor and the system area of the field you are ready to approximate temperature values, so that you can detect abnormally high temperatures quickly and easily. Since the temperature values are only approximations, they should not be used for validation of thermal management solutions. The Intel Active Monitor or Intel Desktop Utilities indicated temperature values are read from the hardware monitoring ASIC of PC motherboards, designed for display only approximate temperature trends.