Thread: Suggestion to use ASRock Z68 Pro3 for custom build

Suggestion to use ASRock Z68 Pro3 for custom build

Hello. I'm considering getting a new Z68 Pro3 for a generation. I see no evidence of RAM sticks on the ASRock website that considered compatible. Does it really matter what ram I put in so far as the DDR3-1600 or 1333? Also, the ram listed resting on their site are 1.5v or 1.65v. Does it matter whether or not the board automatically adjusts? Thanks for the help. Please share your knowledge with me I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Suggestion to use ASRock Z68 Pro3 for custom build

What ram are you utilizing? It was predictable automatically not including some setting resting on my part. I made extremely a small number of changes to the default settings inside UEFI (none related on the way to memory or CPU). And if you want information about Ram compatibility then you can search it on internet. Or just follow the following link. I hope this will help you to solve your all confusion regarding to this motherboard. Thank you.
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=Z68%20Pro3

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'll decide. I will probably start building in about 2 weeks. I looked at the list of "compatible" RAM ASRock site and was wondering what my options are. I sure do not have to stick to the tried and you can choose any or DDR3-1600 DDR3-1333 RAM. I do not want to be acquainted with that there are troubles at what time I attempt to boot the first time. Do you have any other views on this please share your useful knowledge with me thank you.

In addition I am within the process of a fresh build in the company of the ASRock z68 Pro 3 MB. I was conscious of the list of permitted memory choice resting on the website. I go with:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    I'm not an professional however I consider you are able to go in the company of either option; DDR3 at 1600 or 1333. I have not assembled my rig as of up till now as I'm still waiting on the delivery. Good luck through your build! To the extent that the voltage I believe I would go through 1.5v.

ASRock utilize on the way to be a tier-two brand, however in recent years have increased the superiority of their products to the level of premium brands. Instead of being the youngest step brother ASUS and forced to walk ten paces behind, now stand beside them as the "budget enthusiast / overclocker" alternative. ASRock is up to the next level with the others on your list. I'd go for that once an ASUS. But Z68 is ASRock looks very attractive as it has all the functionality that supports Z68.

I guess my logic in the choice of DDR3 1600 was to be included in the list in support of Pro 3 and the specifications of the plate showed it on the list without having to organized crime. Surely when the list was compiled to support Intel Core had to know i3-5-7 processors are used. Maybe I'm missing something. In addition, some memory tests Newegg claim that 1,600 work in Intel processors (and some of AMD). Not sure about a replacement for 2600K, but another good price for 2600K is microcenter.com for $ 279 + taxes, but that does not earn the price of fingerlings.

I just put together a new building with a Z68 ASRock Pro3-M (micro ATX) with i7 2600K and everything seems fine. I am very happy with the board, particularly in support of sub 150 price. There is no major difficulty. So far, merely a small OC to 4.2 GHz, however it was very easy and seems stable. I have only about 1 day with new constructions for problems can arise. I would not be uncertain to select more than ASRock and Gigabyte MSI. I would have approximating a micro ATX Asus but not available yet and I'm not sure they justify the price premium.