Thread: How do I Tweak an Intel 975XBX2 with e6600

How do I Tweak an Intel 975XBX2 with e6600

I admit I am newbie while it relates to tweaking. I appreciate that the combo of the motherboard and proc I currently have are very good for OC’ing. Trouble is I have no idea as to where to begin. If anybody here has completed a few tweaking with this setup, and would like to split the information it would save me requiring recreating the wheel (and I would be grateful for it). I have been reading anything and the whole thing across the forums (about the e6600 and the 975xbx2) but I think I am as puzzled now as while I began. Please help me for this.

Re: How do I Tweak an Intel 975XBX2 with e6600

The only troubles I meet on the build were a hiccup with utilizing a USB mouse with a PS2 converter. My XP Pro is a SP1 version and while I installed all the USB ports were immobilized and the system board was smart sufficient to notice the pass through so the mouse did not work. I scouted up a genuinePS2 mouse and it worked great. After installing SP2 the whole thing came online. I as well got the Marvell controller screen at boot but just switched off the secondary SATA and it went away. To the extent that the HD activity light I do not mind if it is on or off as extensive as I am up and running.

First I would suggest having a part of paper to record what is previously in the BIOS on the settings that I am saying to modify. This will allow you go back to your steady configuration just in case my settings are off a little. Well, F2 to enter the BIOS throughout boot up, go to the Performance tab and after that processor overrides.
    1. Set the CPU voltage at default, no necessitate touching that.
    2. I would facilitate improved power slope. Below normal situation the voltage to the CPU drops below load and while enabled this feature helps steady that voltage. This will assist to keep your system from crashing.
    3. Put FSB should be well at 1.3
    4. MCH/ICH should be well at 1.535
    5. Put manual host clock regularity override. Go down to Host clock Frequency and up it to 335.

Now escape and depart to memory overrides.

6. Put performance profiles to manual.
    7. Put memory frequency to 534MHz.
    8. Put TCL, tRCD, and tRP to 5.
    9. Put tRASmin to 11.
    10. Put Memory voltage to 1.8.

Save your BIOS settings and restart! If it be unsuccessful to load Windows return in and alter to your original settings, and let me know so we can troubleshoot.

I am as well running the Intel D975XBX2 and attempted the unique overclocking settings you recommended- my stress experiment core temp, on the other hand, went up 64C so I stopped up the experiment. Being a comparative overclocking Noob, what and how would you recommend I broken the settings - I truly don't pretty comprehend what they all mean. Please if possible than know me clearly. Thanking you.

The core temperature of each of the 2 cores (if you are operating a (core duo processor) and next has a stress test constructed in that will run the processor up so you can observe what the maximum temp you will obtain once overclocked. Back to DCC, with the DCC you can put you break points for you fans to stir up at a lesser temp permitting the system to slope the fans previous as the temp goes up. Intel suggests that you up the BIOS to the most recent version earlier than installing and utilizing DCC.

I establish that if your system presents the screen that it would not situate and to return and modify settings if you leave the timing at 5,5,5,15 but set the memory to 534 after that save and reboot and right away go back into the setup and rearrange the timing to 4,4,4,12 it will after that post. Occasionally you will necessitate attempting quite a lot of times to get it to work. Mine is functioning great at present and I just notice the trouble if I utilize ICC (Intel Control Center) to craft modification or if I depart into setup and make a change.